DPM KitBash - Insperation from a Ken Hamilton post

Dec 6, 2007
rbdhd.t35.com
I was so impressed with the work done by Ken ) it motivated me to get on with the DPM kits I had. The one thing was I didn't want to end up with the stock building I too was going to kitbash the kits I have as well. I'm not sure I'm going to end up with anything as nice as Ken did but I'm sure having fun at it.
I just started on this so I'm not far along but I did get some work done this weekend and I wanted to get it posted so I can get feedback to see if I'm on the right track. I'm looking to convert this townhouse model (DPM Townhouse 3) into a city commercial building.

Comments always welcome.
Dave

Original Kit
DSC_0333.jpg

now what it looks like
DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

Sawdust

Nov 11, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
I like what you did with the lower level as well as ditching the shutters & adding the detail on the front. What your going to end up with is one of those projects people look at & say where did you get that one. What a scratch builder loves to say is you don't get that you have to make that.
Make sure you keep us posted. Great job.:thumb:

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Very nice, I especially like the below the sidewalk level, that kind of thing you never see in a commercially available building, and will help make a whole scene unique.

Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I've not worked on this for a long time but I hope to get back to it after the holidays.
Dave

Part of my preparation for the Thanksgiving festivities, with returning children, visiting in laws and friends (besides trying to tie up the loose ends of getting a 70 year old bathroom rebuilt on the back porch of a 130 year old house) is to clean up the table in my family room that I use for a workbench. Right now it is so piled up with deterius form several projects that it is impossible for me to work there, so I am hoping to return to some kind of modeling productivity very soon, perhaps as soon as Thursday in between basting and other chores involved with all day cooking.

Bill Nelson

Dec 6, 2007
rbdhd.t35.com
I'm now building a NMRA standard module for a local modular group. I've joined the NMRA and with that I'm now a member of the local modular group so I started a module for that. I'll post some of that when I get photos.
Dave