DPM Kit

FrankG

Nov 19, 2004
Posting this again...sorry if it shows up twice...computer issues.

Anyway.....this is the "Bottums Up Bar and Grill" -- one of the three structures in DPM's N-scale kit "Nightlife". Still need to add neon window signs, viewblocks and lighting. This is my 4th structure.

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 34
  • bar-top.jpg
    bar-top.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Bar-side.jpg
    Bar-side.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
  • bar-coin.jpg
    bar-coin.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 37

tillsbury

Jul 18, 2004
NZ
Good looking model, Frankg... Did it go together ok? How does it compare with other structures you've done?

Charles

FrankG

Nov 19, 2004
I actually used to do ship models at 1:350, so N-scale is huge!

Anyway....as far as how it went together.....

I've done 2 DPMs, 1 Walthers and 1 Model Power. Walthers is by far the best, in my opinion. The DPMs are nice as far as architecture, but the 4-walls, everything-molded in place approach is a bit boring. BUT...even so, I'm doing an urban setting and they offer a lot more selection. Hardest part is the painting.

FrankG

Nov 19, 2004
Actually....the bottle came with the kit....it's white metal. As did the name -- it's a dry transfer and I thought it was easier to use that then try to do some other lettering on the awning.

The only items not part of the kit are the Climax Tobacco sign on the side, the roof details (including gravel) and the window shades.

Also, just noticed from the photos that I left off another white metal detail....a electrical box/conduit for the side.

Any suggestions on where it needs more weathering? I thinking more around the chimneys and around the very bottom of the structure (all the way around).