Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello everyone!
    I would like to direct your attention to a new option on the bar near the top - no, not the way top but the one further down that has user CP and Quick Links. You will find a new option on there called Downloads! This will be replacing the Parts Bin eventually. I already have some things transferred there but it will be a while before its all done. I will be removing sections from the parts bin as I get them moved over.

Two things to ask of everyone - please put any new downloads here, not the parts bin - it will make things easier. Second I am looking for some people that might be willing to help move sections over. Please dont move items over without letting me know though as I want to be sure to not miss anything.

Item of note - any uploads to this section will first go to a moderation queue so you won't see items you upload post immediately. Any mods or admins can approve these so they will be approved in short order. We are doing this so that we can prevent spam and ensure that nothing illegal gets posted. It has not been a problem before so it shouldnt be now but this is a forum add on and its better safe than sorry on how it will interact with our other spam prevention add ons....

Thanks and let me know if you can think of improvements!

p.s. here is a direct link for your convenience
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hmmm - thanks Rick. Can you try it out again for me? What is the error you get?
  3. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

thank you for this it will come in handy when i upload my gundam model for all you guys..
    you are doing a grand job on this forum
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Glad you like it! Gonna be a while to transfer it all over but it will get there :)
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Ah good, glad you made it - I am still getting the hang of all the permissions and whatnot... at least I have broken anything yet ;)
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I see there has been quite a bit of activity so far and I still have quite a bit to add. Elliot is going to start adding as well - thanks man!

What do you guys think?
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Toys and Automata is done. Awaiting moderator approval.
    Proud to serve
    (In military marching cadence)
    announce1I love card models, yes I do :thumb:
    ( I love card models yes I do) :thumb:
    announce1They cheer me up when I am blue. :cry:
    (They cheer me up when I am blue.) :cry:
    announce1Sound Off (One, Two)
    announce1Hit it again (Three, Four)
    (One, two, three, four
    One, two......THREE, FOUR!!) :eek:

(who's up WAY past his bedtime)
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Chris, now that you've explained it, I finally figured out what the parts bin was for......... And I think it's an absolutely great idea to have the downloads section ^^
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks Nezard and thanks Elliot!
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

People seem to relate to the term, "Download" a lot better than "Parts Bin", for some odd reason.:rolleyes:
    It is nice to see people enjoy the features we have to offer here though, :cool:
    especially if they are newly discovered, after being here for a while. :mrgreen:

I uploaded a few files myself last night.
    I finished zipping and moving copies of the Architectural models
    and I am now working on the Commercial and Civilian Vehicles forum.
    I also approved the files that you moved over for us as well, Elliot.
    Thanks a heap for your help!:thumb: I hope you get a little rest!

11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well folks - the conversion is mostly complete! There are a few left that were too far beyond the current upload limit to be split up. We will get those up as soon as we have a solution. If nothing else I will load them up to my site and link to the download section temporarily. Hope you all like the new setup!
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The parts bin will be completely removed today. There were still a few models and whatnot that could not be moved to the new download section because of their size. I will complete that as soon as we overcome that little hurdle.

In the meantime all the ones I could not move to downloads can be found here!
    I wanted to get them all to the same spot so it would be easier to find them when I can add them (plus they are still available to download this way.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Another update! I have modified the Gallery announcement section to be the Gallery and Download announcement section. You may announce your new additions to the download section here so that its easier for people to find your new offerings :)
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

That's another good idea! Now every uploads can be made public by posting to that section. Great job Chris!
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks! Being able to see obviously that a new download is available was the main shortcoming to the new setup. Sure you can click into download and look at the list to see whats new but I figure most people wont do that so they will never know. This section will help that a bit. I am working on another idea too but I am not even sure if its possible...... so I wont say for now..... :D
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK folks! Time for phase 2 of my plan :)

I would like to come up with a picture of actual builds for all the items in the download area. I imagine many people dont download because they dont know what the finished product really looks like. I think he best way to go about this is to upload a pic to the gallery then just make a reply to the download (comments) and instert the html link given to you by the gallery pic area.
    I hope that makes sense.....
    If you prefer to just send me pics and have me update them that would be fine too. This will be an ongoing thing so if you ever felt the urge to build one of these, now is a good time!
  17. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hi all, just a quick question. What happened to D-whale's Star Trek models?
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont recall seeing those at all. :( I will do some poking around and see what I can find.
  19. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi guys, hi chris!
    you can find nothing! the Answer to "what happend with the Models!" is very easy: They did not exist!!!
    WHY? I sent the files only 2 weeks ago at AMAZYAH! But it can´t it upload, because each single jpg-file is larger than 2MB! (That are HIRES-models!) He wait for Peter (the owner) so that the problem is removed! At present it gives the complete models (in JPG-Format) only at and at me, that designer:mrgreen:!

greetings from Deutschland:wave:
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Cool! I have some plans as a temp workaround for new files oversize. I will touch base with Russell about getting them so we can get them uploaded