DoubleHeaders Tour this Saturday April 5

train1

It is definately a daylong event but well worth it. It's in its 25th year.
I'm hoping that they have added a few more N Scale layouts this year to the usual ones.

Pooh Bah
From an old hand: you can't see all the layouts in one day, even if you plan just to drive up and leave without getting out of the car.
Pick a couple of cities and do one in the morning and one in the afternoon and possibly another in the evening, but read the opening times carefully.
Almost any layout will have something worth seeing, even if it's that "I could show mine; it's better than his."

galt904

From an old hand: you can't see all the layouts in one day

Not all, but I've come close (18 or 19 layouts). That was a bunch of years ago when we were single and fast. :) There are more layouts to choose from now, plus some are spread out more, and now I have kids to look after too. I try to visit a bunch of different layouts each year, that's the only way to see them all. :)

cntown

The one year i went with my son,we stayed just in Cambridge and took in a couple ,the first layout was an n scale on a 4x6 table with an amazing trestle and the next one was downtown across from the CP yard in an older home in the basement with an amazing steel mill under construction.The tour is worth the money but you need to plan out which ones to see just as 60103 and galt904 have said.On the way home we stopped at Aberfolye Junction to see the layout and to have this much room to model is amazing.