Doubleheader tour west of Toronto Intrested?

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
http://www.trainweb.org/elso/22DHTOUR.HTM

April 9th fun day out + 40 layout tour and food.

The Link above is the tour that a few "Gaugers" are going to with friends and modelers we know.

Meeting up at the registration building and hopefuly having late lunch together.

We would love to meet up with you too :D
So post here if intrested and I will post time of meeting up there soon.
Best regards,
Chris.

PS bring your camera.

So Far---- Robin aka MAT, Val aka Spitfire, Brian aka Duckman, Me, Andy Glenn aka red rocket, Ernie, and a few friends too. are going to be there. :wave:

CN1

May 6, 2003
If only I could get away from work :cry: ....than all would be well ;)

Thanks for the [future] pix :thumb:

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Time of meeting up

O K
I know this is early for posting , but if you are coming out, those who make it for the 9 am registration, will be moving out on the tour NO later than 9 45 am.
Robin said we should be able to find some where to meet up for coffee and lunch.

Hope to see you there, MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO US if we have not met before :wave: :thumb:

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
As I remember - the absolute key to enjoying it in one day is to get there early (or at least on time) - quickly scan the list of open layouts, prioritize what you want to specifically check out ie scale size etc, and put them in a good driving order. Skip lunch and eat late.
Depending on my work schedule I should be there with members of my two railroad clubs I belong to.
How do we identify the GAUGE group.....I'm thinking outside WITH THE BOX.
:D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I saw the layout list last week and it looks good. I probably won't be there (visit to inlaw in the USA).
Suggestion: get a good commercial street map of the area as the maps in the folder can be misleading (check where north is; scale will vary).
Sit down at the start and pick out promising sites. Highlight the maps and plan a route.
CHECK THE OPENING HOURS.
Don't try to get to all 44 layouts.
Not to miss? Port Kelsey in SW Kitchener.
You can probably do Kitchener-Waterloo and one or two other cities.

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
60103 said:
Don't try to get to all 44 layouts.
You can probably do Kitchener-Waterloo and one or two other cities.

A couple years ago several friends and I managed about 20 layouts in all cities plus a bunch of rural layouts.

In my opinion, the Waterloo Region MRC in Marysville is well worth a look, although scenery isn't very far, the amount of track in their layout is VERY impressive.