Doubleheader tour west of Toronto Intrested?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by interurban, Jan 30, 2005.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

April 9th fun day out + 40 layout tour and food.

The Link above is the tour that a few "Gaugers" are going to with friends and modelers we know.

Meeting up at the registration building and hopefuly having late lunch together.

We would love to meet up with you too :D
    So post here if intrested and I will post time of meeting up there soon.
    Best regards,

PS bring your camera.

So Far---- Robin aka MAT, Val aka Spitfire, Brian aka Duckman, Me, Andy Glenn aka red rocket, Ernie, and a few friends too. are going to be there. :wave:
  2. CN1

CN1 Active Member

I'm too far away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

:( We will post pics for you C N 1 :(

Wish you were here :cry:
  4. CN1

CN1 Active Member

If only I could get away from work :cry: ....than all would be well ;)

Thanks for the [future] pix :thumb:
  5. cobra

cobra Member

My old 'stomping grounds ' ...looks like that might be a go , nothing else happining in April .

6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good stuff Niel.

Will get back with times later :thumb:
  7. train1

train1 Member

It's a treat to go every year - It does need more than 1 day though - lot's to see
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Will we see you there train 1?
  9. interurban guy

interurban guy New Member

Hi Chris. I will try and get there.

10. interurban

interurban Active Member

Time of meeting up

O K
    I know this is early for posting , but if you are coming out, those who make it for the 9 am registration, will be moving out on the tour NO later than 9 45 am.
    Robin said we should be able to find some where to meet up for coffee and lunch.

Hope to see you there, MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO US if we have not met before :wave: :thumb:
  11. cobra

cobra Member

Thanks for the update , Chris , i'll mark it down on my calendar .

12. train1

train1 Member

As I remember - the absolute key to enjoying it in one day is to get there early (or at least on time) - quickly scan the list of open layouts, prioritize what you want to specifically check out ie scale size etc, and put them in a good driving order. Skip lunch and eat late.
    Depending on my work schedule I should be there with members of my two railroad clubs I belong to.
    How do we identify the GAUGE group.....I'm thinking outside WITH THE BOX.
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

train1 one or two of us will have Gauge badges on. Hopefully we can get together wit you.
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge, Interurban Guy!!! I know several people who will be overjoyed to see another traction modeller here. Really hope to meet up with you on the tour. :wave:

15. Ellis J-R

Ellis J-R New Member

Wow - I'd be there in a flash expect for advancing years and a puddle called the Atlantic Ocean in the way. Especially, as some 60+ years ago my wife (who was over there when WW2 erupted and couldn't get back) and I (training with the RCAF) met on a blind date at Niagara Falls. We have been back since and on one occasion I had a week's free pass to ride anywhere on the TTC - I sure covered some ground.
    Have a wonderful time. Cheers, Ellis
  16. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Ellis, You can ride on my TTC bus anytime mate, Wish you were here too.
    EX Manchester Lad :thumb:
  17. Ellis J-R

Ellis J-R New Member

Thanks Chris, I'd enjoy that. When I was first in Toronto in early 1942 the PCC cars were pretty new. There was a story that they tested the efficiency of the electro magnetic brakes by winding a car up to full speed on St. Claire early one Sunday morning and applying the brakes. The trucks stopped, the body carried on! I always took the story with a pinch of salt until I recounted it many years later on a visit to the TTC shops. It wasn't confirmed, but it wasn't denied either, just a few grins. Cheers
  18. interurban

interurban Active Member

Brought this back up as the 9th April is not far away. :thumb:

Those with Gauge badges please wear them..
    Come one come all. :cool:
  19. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Sounds like fun Chris, but I'm afraid Ont. is a little out of my range.
  20. interurban

interurban Active Member

That`s a shame Scott :(
    We should have lots of pics between us all to post :thumb: