Double heading

Bill Pontin

Took me a while to come up with a solution to double head my N scale Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0s. That dinky little non functioning coupler on the engine is only there for looks and the only way possible to couple two engines was with a draw bar connection I configured. Worked great, made a maiden run with them at the Clubs show layout last Sunday. Will post a series of pictures of the double headed passenger consist in its travels.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Great, can't wait! I wish that model train manufacturers would start attaching couplers to the front of their locos- those that don't anyway, since a person can't shunt unless you adapt the dummy coupling.

Bill Pontin

First up is the consist crossing over my arch bridge module - followed by a SP cab forward coal drag passing it

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 69
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 72

Bill Pontin

Little further East on my railfanning we find the consist on a module that depicts the Hudson River

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 67
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 70

Bill Pontin

Lastly we find the consist in snowy New England - hope you enjoyed the railfanning trip!

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 67

spitfire

Really nice consist Bill!! It's funny that most double headers seem to be diesels, models that is. It sure is nice to see some steam for a change. BTW, your layout looks great!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Val

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Looks great! I especially like the snowy scenes. And the level of detail/care makes it hard to tell it's N scale - I would have thought HO for sure...!

Val - here's an HO recreation of a triple header steam powered excursion that actually ran through Orangeville in the 1970s:

http://www.mcswiz.com/MyLayout/Triple.htm

Andrew