Double heading

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Bill Pontin, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Took me a while to come up with a solution to double head my N scale Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0s. That dinky little non functioning coupler on the engine is only there for looks and the only way possible to couple two engines was with a draw bar connection I configured. Worked great, made a maiden run with them at the Clubs show layout last Sunday. Will post a series of pictures of the double headed passenger consist in its travels.
  2. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Great, can't wait! I wish that model train manufacturers would start attaching couplers to the front of their locos- those that don't anyway, since a person can't shunt unless you adapt the dummy coupling.
  3. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

First up is the consist crossing over my arch bridge module - followed by a SP cab forward coal drag passing it

Attached Files:

4. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Little further East on my railfanning we find the consist on a module that depicts the Hudson River

Attached Files:

5. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Lastly we find the consist in snowy New England - hope you enjoyed the railfanning trip!

Attached Files:

6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Really nice consist Bill!! It's funny that most double headers seem to be diesels, models that is. It sure is nice to see some steam for a change. BTW, your layout looks great!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Looks great! I especially like the snowy scenes. And the level of detail/care makes it hard to tell it's N scale - I would have thought HO for sure...!

Val - here's an HO recreation of a triple header steam powered excursion that actually ran through Orangeville in the 1970s: