Double fun for July/Aug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, it's summer time and we don't have too much time to think about trains and photo contests so I'm going to make it easy this time. The subject of the competition is going to be: any photo of anything as long as it is train related. This can be scale or protoype, real world or fantasy. We are going to double you chances by allowing each member to enter two different photos, and in order for everyone to have a chance, we will wait until they get back from their holiday or vacation by running the contest until the last day of August. Please read the rules. They are simple, but any entry that doesn't comply will be deleted and I really don't want to have to do that. Too much work for a long hot summer.

THE RULES:

1. Photos entered must be train related and of anything, anywhere, serious, humorus, scale or protoype.
  2. Up to two (2) entries per member.
  3. Each entry must be in separate posts (I can't tabulate them if they are in the same post)
  4. Photos must have been taken by the person entering them.
  5. Please upload your pictures to the Gauge, no links please. If you are having trouble uploading, contact me for help.
  6. Contest closes the last day of August
I told you the rules would be simple. Good luck...:wave:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
soo i gotta wait two full month this time??

lol, anyways, atleast it's an open topic!

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I took this over a year ago, one of the first with my then new digital camera and editing program and...(sigh)...it still makes me feel all oogie inside :) Figure I'll throw it up against the big boys and see what happens.

Attachments

• genny.JPG
    genny.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 87

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
More big stacks, out on the Pacific Coast Air Line Railway in 1870's Central California. The first decaled PcalRwy boxcar.

Attachments

• decal.JPG
    decal.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 74
I think i'll go with a couple of my favorite Union Pacific prototype pictures for this consist.

this first one I took just east of Santa Rosa, New Mexico one evening while driving down the interstate.

UP%20NM%20sunset%20autoracks%20700%20size.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
who_dat73 said:
those are some great pics to add to my collection.
Thanks
UP all the way
Glad you enjoy the pics on the photo contest, as always, we're off to a great start.

This may seem a bit overly cautious, but if you are going to "add" these to your "collection", it would be a good idea to ask each person first if you can download their image. Each picture belongs to the person that entered it, and although they would be pleased that you liked their photo enough to collect it, good etiquette, and the fact that it might be copyright protected, dictates that you ask first.

This rule should be followed for any pictures posted anywhere on the Gauge.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
My second entry but also item #106 on my list of "must model" scenes...taken on the west end on the L&N depot/museum in Milton, FL. Might take a moment or two to realize what it is... ;)

Attachments

• shedlokey (2).jpg
    shedlokey (2).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 58

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge. An impressive first post I might add. Somehow I can see that picture blown up around four or five foot square and hanging on a wall. Quite contemporary. Nice shot.

sidneylopsides

Jul 11, 2005
Leeds, UK
www.se-nse.com
Thanks :) I could blow it up pretty large, it was taken at 6Mp. Seeing as I'm posting I'll put up another.
edit: You'll know these engines, the first is less obvious, the second is easier ;)

Attachments

• DSCF3094s.jpg
    DSCF3094s.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 63

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Second one....
The last U- Boat guilt by GE, and now owned by the Naugatuck Valley RR(ex P&W)crosses Water Street in my home town. Trains seen in Torrington are a rare sight.

Attachments

• nr3.jpg
    nr3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 39

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
sidneylopsides said:
Thanks :) I could blow it up pretty large, it was taken at 6Mp. Seeing as I'm posting I'll put up another.
edit: You'll know these engines, the first is less obvious, the second is easier ;)

Welcome to The Gauge :wave: Lesse...the first one's gotta be the Mallard, the second's gotta be the Flying Scotsman? If I got 'em right, do I get to ride 'em? ;) Great pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.