Dormant member revived.

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
My name is Mark Crowel, and I've been a member of Zealot since maybe 2005 or 2006, but I haven't posted for at least a couple of years, so I rejoined. Looking forward to displaying my paper model car projects, and seeing other members' model cars.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad that yo decided to rejoin us. WELCOME back. I hope that you enjoy the new Zealot!
I have see some of your work already and it looks really good.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Mark Crowel

Thank you, for the hearty welcome and the compliment. And yes, I am enjoying the new Zealot.
Until I first discovered Zealot some years back, I thought I was the only one building models from paper and cardboard. Zealot was the first card model forum that I joined, and it was like discovering a whole new world.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, for the hearty welcome and the compliment. And yes, I am enjoying the new Zealot.
Until I first discovered Zealot some years back, I thought I was the only one building models from paper and cardboard. Zealot was the first card model forum that I joined, and it was like discovering a whole new world.

I fully understand how you feel. I was the same way as well.
Before I had joined Zealot (back in 2009), I (too) thought that I was the only one who built models out of paper.
I would tell (and even sometimes show) people about what all I made and they would look at me (and the project), and make a comment about like "That is cool, but why do you not make "REAL" models?" I would always respond with "What do you consider a "REAL" model?" The general response was always the same "PLASTIC"!
So once I found out about Zealot, I had to join (and the rest (as they say) is history).

Mark Crowel

I used to get the same response from plastics modelers, when I would show them my cardboard cars: "Have you thought of trying sheet styrene? " I would explain to them, that with me, cardboard is not a material of last resort, but my material of first choice.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have always liked your layered approach to your models. There is someone else using a similar approach, she is layering from top to bottom. A combination of both methods would yield something most interesting I imagine! :)

Mark Crowel

Thank you, John.
Whose work is this, of whom you speak? What threads should I look for? I would like to see this approach.

Last edited by a moderator: