Dora Railway Cannon (*Not entirely so)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I've been working on this project over the past few days, and looking at the current progress it's likely that I'll finish this design :D

-- Some might wonder why the current model looks nothing like a Dora cannon, well, as I said in the title, it's a so-called "personification" of the real thing, or more specifically, a "Mecha Musume"...

More info on this particular culture...
    Mecha Musume - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia --Wikipedia's entry
    §•ž•ºŠí•ºâ‹‹Ç --Japanese image board of the subject

Attached Files:

2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The human part of the design is pretty much finished, her face and torso was an upgraded version of my previous figure design -- since I remember spending a week on the face and I didn't dare to go through that process ever again... I'll start on the mechanic parts next.

Below is (hopefully) the end result, *I have no credit for the picture

Attached Files:

3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Cool !! The human part is looking good Nezard (or should that be Lex ??)
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Okay an update on the support structures... I figured there was no point making things too realistic as it's not a scale representation of the real thing anyway ^^ This design was my first to be completely done in Meta --and I find it quite handy to design angular structures like an armoured vehicle.

P: my previous name were quite hard to pronounce by some, so i had to change it to this one...

Attached Files:

• R2.jpg
      File size:
      33 KB
  5. knife

knife Member

I'm a little confused. Are the bunnies for defense like the kind that attacked President Carter, or are they the ammo?

I salute you for your imagination and skills. Go Nezard!
  6. badgerys

badgerys Member

keep going.This is so cool.Will this eventually become a download?Would be fun to build,probably in 43 scale to run wit my O gauge railway.

Kind regards from Down Under

7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm not sure what those bunnies meant in the picture (since I didn't draw it = =) but looking from the scale they possibly represent the personnels working on the cannon.

And Dieter, I intended to make the model static (ie no moving parts), but having 1/43 scale is a great idea, think I will do that -- however she'll probably lack some details ^^
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

This is pretty original.

Can't wait to see it really built.
  9. badgerys

badgerys Member

Thanks for the quick reply,Love the idea of 43 scale.Detail is no problem ,it can always be added.Moving parts should also be no problem.
    So here I wait patiently for a model that promises to be a lot of fun.

Kind regards

10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Now for some textures

Update. Each time I texture a face, it takes me one day. This time is no different......

Next will be the texture on the machinerys ^^

Attached Files:

• RF2.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
    • RF1.jpg
      File size:
      9.1 KB
  11. I came into this thread a couple of days late, but this is really coming along great Lex! I like the pose of the anime girl very much. Since this is a German WWII themed model, do you plan on incorporating any wehrmacht elements into the girl's clothing?
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--Great idea Don! Coming to think about it, many of those characters do feature such uniforms. However... It was a little late when I read your post though, I had already started to unroll the model...... Final pics for today:

Attached Files:

• RF4.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
    • RF5.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

And... We have release!

First thing Dieter, sorry that I wasn't able to keep my word. The model counts as 17 pages even at a reduced scale, and any bigger some of the parts won't fit to an A4 paper... So extremely sorry on that.

Get it here:

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Cool!:cool: I got mine!:mrgreen:

Thank you, Nezard!!!:thumb: