Doobchek Sausage Co.

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Karl Osolinski, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Hello everyone,

This model is a scratch built version of the Campbell Brett's Brewery kit.

I used Northeastern clapboard, Grandt Line windows and cast the walls for the boiler house from glued together Chooch walls (to get the height needed). I made a latex mold of the Chooch walls and then cast the walls in hydrocal.

Also, I'm not a big fan of false-front buildings so I sketched out a small 2-story addition and built it for the right side of the building.

Karl Osolinski
    Berkley, MI

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb: Thanks for sharing this model Karl.
    Where did you find all those vehicals???
  3. Hi Chris,

Well, unfortunately, I have to build them all from Jordan kits. I have built over 150 of them to put on my dioramas.

Karl Osolinski
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Amazing Karl, You did say in the last post you have been modeling a long time,
    Have you any pictures of these fabulous diaroma set to railway theams, sideings or such?
    I love the way you have the sky / cloud background. ;)
  5. Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if I understand. Do you mean stuff like this?

Karl Osolinski

Attached Files:

6. interurban

interurban Active Member

:eek: :eek: WOW!.
    Yep I mean like that, drooooooool :thumb:
    Must be the 1920/30 era. ;)
    Thanks Karl.

Eagel Canyon Railroad,, tell me more? :D
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Beautiful work Karl.
  8. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Karl, I look at all your threads and find I have no words. I am absolutely speechless. (Mighty strange for me) I have only one question: is there ANYTHING you can't do?

9. Hi Chris,

My fictional railroad was named Eagle Canyon. I had custom decals made and I made my own dry transfers to letter locomotives and rolling stock.

You're right on the time frame......1930's, all steam and mostly wooden freight cars. I built several swayback cars and wooden cabooses but ended up using them mostly for props in my photos since the layout plans gave way to dozens of structures. Here's a shot of an ex D&SL 2-6-6-0 deadheading past Buffalo Creek station and tower.

Karl Osolinski

Attached Files:

10. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Karl, thanks a bunch for the info, we here can see you really enjoy building and creating these very impressive scene`s
    My hat is off to you sir!!!!!
    Please keep us thrilled by posting more as your time permits.
    Are you working on something now? :wave:

I love the action shots you do!
  11. Hi Lynn,

Thanks, glad you are enjoying the photos.

Boy, I could fill volumes with the stuff I can't do. I remember when I got my first job in photography about 1961. My boss told me the secret to being a successful photographer was "only show your good stuff and throw out the rest".....

Karl Osolinski
  12. Hi Chris,

Thanks to all you fellas, I'm glad you're enjoying the photos.

I'm not sure what I like better....building the models or photographing them. I just flat love camera equipment. I still have the Argus C3 that my Pop gave me in 1955 and it still works fine.

At the moment, I'm scratch-building a model of the McClosky's Market from the F&SM.

Here's a shot of a diminutive 10-wheeler passing by the DiGeorgio Furniture Co., with an old sway-back box car and tiny wooden caboose in tow.

The other shot is an old sepia toned photo that the ECRR used for a promo needed new business!!

Karl Osolinski

Attached Files:

13. LIRR

LIRR Member

Please tell me your building a layout for all this. If I didnt know any better i'd think i was looking at pictures of the Gorre or the Franklin and South Manchester.
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Unbelievable work Karl!!! That's some of the best modelling I've seen in a long time.