Don't laugh too hard...It's my first attempt!

Nazgul

Kurt:
How about scratch building these two little structures? They should be easy to do.
Deano:
Hmm...seems like someone else said the SAME thing in a PM to you;) , now if i could just remember who it was...

I am ignoring both of you!!!!!!!

pgandw

Famous last words:

airplane pilot - "Oh s**t!"
project engineer - "That should be a piece of cake!"
model railroader - "That should be easy enough to scratch build - I'll whip out two!"
red neck - " Hey Bubba! Watch this!"

It's hard to remember that when you are up to your *ss in alligators, the original objective was to drain the swamp.

Nazgul

Fred.....On the money as usual!!!:thumby:

FINALLY, a little progress....balloon6
I finished the truck kit. I can't really say much about the kit itself because I have nothing to compare it with. The directions were a little vague (for me), really just an exploded view and what order to glue the parts together in. It would have been nice to have a clear finish pic of the truck included as a guide. But I got it done, so I can't really blame the directions for the imperfections with the end product...that was all operator error!:mrgreen: :thumby: Those tiny pieces were a bear!!!!!:curse: .....................so without further ado:

The finished truck

Attachments

• photos 344 small.jpg
    photos 344 small.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22
  • photos 346 small.jpg
    photos 346 small.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 13
  • photos 347 small.jpg
    photos 347 small.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photos 350 small.jpg
    photos 350 small.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 15
  • photos 355 small.jpg
    photos 355 small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW Steve, tht lil pick-up looks AWESOME!! I woulda never known tht you built it from a kit if ya didn't show/tell us!!

UP SD40-2

WOW!!!:eeki: SLAP OUTSTANDING JOB STEVE!!!:up: :up: :up: i REALLY like the red:up: .

now about scratch building those 2 structures....:119:
:mrgreen: -Deano

cnw1961

Steve, that truck is sweeeeeeet. You did a great job :wave:

Deano:
now about scratch building those 2 structures....

:mrgreen: :lol: Looks like Deano won’t let you get off the hook that easy :mrgreen: elefant.gifsign1

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
It's hard to remember that when you are up to your *ss in alligators, the original objective was to drain the swamp.

These days, with environmental impact studies, and endangered species, there are things in the swamp, worse than Alligators.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The truck looks great!

Nazgul

Josh, Deano, Kurt, Pete....Thanks guys...I really appreciate it:thumby:

This was a very hard project for me...those small pieces were killing me...but in the end, I'd have to say that I'm pleased with the result.

Scratch-building............I'll think about it:mrgreen: :winker:

Take care everyone......Happy Mother's day!!!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I wish my little tow truck turned out as nice as yours... but then HO is a little easier than N. I know.... excuses, excuses.

Steve - great work! Is the driver's side window half-rolled down? (or half rolled up if that's your persuasion...figured I'd better nip that bud before any of you wise guys had a crack at it)

[not to take away from any of the real focus here, but btw, so far the Zealot forum is indeed slower on my home pc than The Gauge used to be...it says the page is done loading but all I got is a gray screen and 'Zealot' header until WHAM all of a sudden the whole thing shows. I mention this here since it's especially frustrating on such a thread as this where the update anticipation is frequently high. NOT complaining...just sharing a personal observation. I think the changes will be for the better...eventually. Glad it's working well for you, Steve - keep sharing! Coming up on 1000 posts - yeah, baby yeah!]

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
HOLY COW STEVE, 100 PAGES OF TRULEY AMAZING WORK, ALMOST 1000 POSTS, AND 55,040 VIEWS!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS STEVE!!!!!!!!!
balloon6 bounce7 balloon6 bounce7 balloon6​

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Is the driver's side window half-rolled down? or half rolled up

I believe it is actually rolled to the most efficient ventillation point. The window was designed twice as big as it needed to be.

Nazgul

TrainNut:
I wish my little tow truck turned out as nice as yours... but then HO is a little easier than N.
The whole time I was doing this truck and working with the tiny parts....I was thinking about you and Herc driver........There is NO WAY I would even think about trying this in N scale!!!! that just makes Herc's and your outstanding work all the more impressive!!!!:thumby: :thumby: :thumby: :thumby: :thumby:

Galen:
[not to take away from any of the real focus here, but btw, so far the Zealot forum is indeed slower on my home pc than The Gauge used to be...it says the page is done loading but all I got is a gray screen and 'Zealot' header until WHAM all of a sudden the whole thing shows. I mention this here since it's especially frustrating on such a thread as this where the update anticipation is frequently high. NOT complaining...just sharing a personal observation.
That is exactly what I have found. On average, I'm not seeing the improvement in speed. It will load up a gray screen and sometimes I will then get the page and sometimes...nothing. I too, am not complaining, I always knew it would take a good long while to get things right. I for one, would just like the ability to edit (fix) my earlier posts......repost pics and fix links etc.

Now to answer your question about the window....
I glued the driver's side window in a half open position. I thought it would look a little more interesting that way. here's a close up:

photos 350 window.jpg

Josh... Thank you, my friend! I usually know about what page the thread is on but it is rare that I notice how many posts have been made or how many views...I think it a testament to the caliber of the members here that they would follow this project for as long as some of them (you) have and still come back:winker:.

I guess I should say at this point, that when the changes happened a few weeks ago, I considered letting this thread end and starting a blog instead. Upon further reflection, I realized that this thread is a blog of sorts....an interactive blog. Truth be told, posting ideas or what I plan to do next on here, and knowing that others will comment on it (good or bad) gives me more incentive to not get lazy and keep going. I don't know what anyone else gets out of this thread...but it, and all of you, have helped me immensely.

Future plans.......SCRATCH BUILDING.......and some kits.
I will post when I figure out the first project.

Take care :wave:

Nazgul

joesho....If I hadn't found this kit on sale...I would have gotten a Jordan (that was the only brand I knew of):winker:

Why are my pics posting twice?
When I posted last night, I uploaded the pic....inserted it where I wanted it and submitted the reply. There was only 1 pic......today I check out the post and now there is a duplicate at the bottom of the post.....
Anyone know why??????

fsm1000

Sheesh. I FINALLY found this thread again. Having a heck of a time trying to find things. Oh well.
First off Steve, I think it is still dangerous to take my advice :D LOL
Second, seeing as how you did :D:D congrats on the truck, I like it [so of course it has to be good right? :D]

Anyhow, congrats also on 100 pages. I hope you are satisfied now that people like what you are doing :D
And as always, keep up the good work. :)

steamhead

Steve...That little truck is a WINNER...!! As always..OUTSTANDING work...!!!

I'll be needing some like it (time period-wise). Who makes these, and where did you "find" this one?

Congrats on ALL the milestones...!! :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Why are my pics posting twice?
When I posted last night, I uploaded the pic....inserted it where I wanted it and submitted the reply. There was only 1 pic......today I check out the post and now there is a duplicate at the bottom of the post.....
Anyone know why??????
Steve, i have mentioned this problem to Peter last night, hes working on it:up: .

100 PAGES!!! :eeki: , 100 pages of GREAT WORK STEVE!!!:up: :up: :up:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!balloon6 balloon6 balloon6 looking forward to seeing ALL the SLAP AWESOME work you will be posting on the next 100 Steve! ;) :up: :) :mrgreen: keep it up MY friend,:) -Deano

Nazgul

Stephen...I have to apologize to you. I saw your thread asking for feedback on the upgrade you made to your website. I meant to reply but it was late and then I did what I do best....I forgot about it! Anyway...you have done a great job on it! it is easier to use and therefore more enjoyable to spend time there (as I have done on many occasions).
A lot of great info there and links to sites of interest....GOOD STUFF!

Gus...Thank you for your kind words and all of the support you have given me over the last year+! I appreciate it:thumby:.
If you click on the thumb-nail of the pic of the box in this post:
http://forum.zealot.com/post436256-975/
you can see all the info you need. I saw it on a shelf and picked it up on sale. If you go to Walthers and click on the manufacturers list, Wheel Works is on it and you can see their stuff (a little pricey at full $).

Deano...Thank you for helping and the well wishes:thumby: :thumby:....you're always there when I need ya!!!!!!!!:winker: :thumby:

joesho...it will be easy keeping up with me....but you'll go broke trying to keep UP with DEANO!:gaptooth:

I've been posting all of my "photo shoot-like" pictures on the PHOTO FUN thread lately....but here's a couple:

Coming 'round the bend:

photos156.jpg

Don't look down!

photos170.jpg