Don't laugh too hard...It's my first attempt!

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by Nazgul, Jan 31, 2006.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Your trees seem to have met all your criteria, quick, inexpensive, and good looking!:thumb:
    Your river photographs very well indeed! Nice work !:thumb: :thumb:
  2. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Great idea to use these plants for corniferes. I really like them. And I have to back the guys who posted before me: your mountains look awesome. I don’t know if I missed it, but could you please post a pic of an overall view of your mountain area?
  3. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Guys I just wrote a long post thanking you all but some how I lost it all[​IMG]
    Too tired to do it again... but THANK YOU ALL!:thumb: :thumb: . After work today I was digging post holes for a friend or is that EX-friend[​IMG] so I didn't work on layout:cry:
    Kurt I snapped these tonight...the first 2 show the over-all section I have done...still a lot left to do
    Scenery 136 little.jpg

Scenery 137 little.jpg

Scenery 144 little.jpg

Scenery 139 little.jpg

I have never looked at this section at eye level before...looks like I have some over-spray from the river on the left bank:oops: .... at least it's a quick fix:thumb:
    but I do like the way the water looks though
    Scenery 143 little.jpg
  4. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Steve, thank you for the pics. The coal mine is a real eyecatcher in these surroundings. Even though there is still a lot to do, it is plain to see, that your layout is something special. You must be really pleased. Did you expect this result when you started a few months ago?
  5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Steve, more AMAZING pictures.:thumb: :thumb:

I love that coal mine :D :D and it looks perfect there.:thumb: :thumb:

And those other shots of the river and cliffs and outstounding, Truly amazing job you have done and I am really impressed and I think that lots of people are too. I am wanting to do something like this in N scale now, O great now look what you didsign1 sign1

Really great job:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I look forward to seeing more pictures every time I sign on!!!!! Keep up the great work:thumb: :thumb: :D :D
  6. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Kurt I had no idea what this would become. When I found The Gauge I was thinking of doing one of the WS 4x8 kits. The more I read and the more pics I saw of what others were doing...The more I wanted to try. But I was also intimidated by the skill level of the great modelers here and other places. If it wasn't for Galen designing this track plan and him saying I could do this....I would probably have either sold myself short or lost interest. Everyone has been sooooo supportive and encouraging and taking the time to help me out that I feel that I have an obligation to do the very best I can for them as well as myself (The last thing I want to happen is people feeling they're wasting their time contributing) I wouldn't have done anything like this without you guys.
    Did I mention it's FUN!

Josh.....You go for it! I'll be there to cheer you on:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Steve:wave:, the trees are looking GREAT!!:thumb: i CANT WAIT to see what the layout will look like with some ground cover;) . THANK YOU for posting the shots of an overall of the mine and mountains, REALLY fits together NICELY:thumb::thumb::thumb:. my favorite shot is the last one you took, at eye level:thumb: , TRULY OUTSTANDING!!:thumb::D YOU have REALLY done a FANTASTIC JOB capturing a river cut through the mountains:thumb: . announce1 PROBLEM THOUGH:eek: , every time you post pics, it just makes me want to throw out my bed, and add on to my layout:eek:...Hmm...could sleeping on a fold up cot be so bad:confused:tooth1sign1 FANTASTIC WORK(as usual:thumb:)Steve!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano
  8. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

The answer is.......YES IT CAN! I had one for 2 loooooooong years. You talk about aching back and muscles, not to mention the sheer frustration....I could only imagine the torture if I had ever gotten the stinking thing open and actually slept on it!:D

Thank you Deano
    when I see your wonderful collection of engines..... I envy you:thumb: :thumb:

I am ordering the Micro-Engineering (210') tall steel viaduct
    Walthers Model Railroad Mall -- product information page for 255-75515

It is going here:
    Scenery 152 small.jpg

the plan is to carve a ravine into the foam and i have also been toying with the idea of cutting the plywood underneath to make it DEEPER...the plywood overhangs the frame of the bench at this spot so it shouldn't be a problem (famous last words):rolleyes:

Just playing with the camera...
    Scenery 148 small.jpg
  9. viperman

viperman Active Member

As always, looking great!
  10. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

This steel viaduct is a good choice. It will look great on your layout. :thumb:
  11. pgandw

pgandw Active Member

Famous last words:

from a helicopter/airplane pilot: "Oh Sh**!"

from an engineer: "this should be a piece of cake!"

from a redneck: "Hey Bubba! Watch this!"
  12. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

13. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

This will save you a lot of money. You won’t have to buy tons of ground cover in many different shades of green sign1 .
  14. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I figure if I yank some trees off the layout...this side is pretty much DONE!:D :D :D
  15. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

Heh heh heh....that's pretty funny. Ain't it also funny how a layout can eat up trees and still be hungry for more? I too think the viaduct will be a great addition, giving you and your guests a neat view down the river gorge.

I lost a post also...stupid slow connection...anyway, where are those hoppers you need for that mine?

16. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

… and I can’t see a railroad track in this picture of Wyoming. You should change that too. :D
  17. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I asked my wife a while ago if I could buy some hoppers because I needed them for the mine on my layout......she said NO! You don't ask my wife anything twice....she's not as nice as she looks:

Chris (91rioja) knows all about "snookums":D
  18. 91rioja

91rioja Member

How is snookums?
  19. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

She asked recently if "that Chris guy" has been minding his own business?
    I lied to her and told her I don't talk to you anymore......I know I should stand up to her....but she won't let me:cry:
  20. 91rioja

91rioja Member

Yeah, that is probably the best thing. She'd just accuse me of gettin you into trouble!

The layout looks great!