Don's shoes interior

Glen Haasdyk

On the past weekend threads you might have seen that I was working on the interior of a shoe store/apartment. Well I finally finished it and today I got the picture to prove it:
afo.jpg

The building it now sitting on the edge (behind glass) of my club's layout. I included provisions for lighting if so desired by the members

Glen that looks great! I too am working on the same structure. What did you use to make the shoes on the counters? The furniture looks awesome too, did you scratch build those? Once again it looks great, and I am sure your club members will be very pleased.

Freelancer

Glen Haasdyk

Thanks for the compliments.
The shoes are very small pieces of modeling clay, rolled into a tiny tube and them flatened slightly on one end. They were painted with acrylic paints.
The furniture is all scratchbuilt out of basswood. the sofa and cair are four different arts (bottom, sides and back) and the bed has a separate headboard, footboard and mattress. The sheet and pillow on the bed are pieces of paper towel.

Glen that is ingenious, paper towels, and modeling clay....I would have never thought of that! I will have to make a trip to the craft store. Thanks for sharing your techniques and keep up the good work!

Freelancer

CalFlash

I used to paint commercially and most customers wanted crew in the cabs. In many cases, the figures wouldn't fit requiring some elective surgury usually lopping off legs or at least the feet. I usually threw them in the scrap box and had plenty when I wanted to detail the interior of my Smalltown shoe store.