Dongfeng (Easten wind) 11G, the fastest train in China

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
I am a new comer from Shanghai China. I came here not only for most developed train modeling skills but to learn jargons in train modeling as well. (Though I speak some English, I don't know any jargon in the train/mmodeling) Hope anyone here could kindly provide your help.

I am pasting a few pics of the fastest train in China (DF11G)

The model of this loco will be launch end of this year by Bachmann China, looking forward to its launch...

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 162

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
This train connects big cities in China (eg. Beijing - Shanghai), the highest speed is about 200km/hour

Attachments

• Z21.jpg
    Z21.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 146

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
Another one, I like this loco very much!

Attachments

• Z41.jpg
    Z41.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 144

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
But I do not have chance to take it so far, we took plane for buz trip... The company do not permit us to take trains (the boss is suprised/confused about my enthusiasm on trains)

Attachments

• Z5.jpg
    Z5.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 146

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
This is the last one, Have a nice weekend!

Marn

Attachments

• Z9.jpg
    Z9.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 145

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
TrainClown said:
That's one long train ya got there :)

You would need a good size layout and perfect track work ( not to hard to do;) )

TrainClown :D
Just think about the large population in China. Usually we have 18-20 passanger compartments for a train and for this specific one I think it should be 18.

Of course we would not have so many on our layout. Actually bachmann did not have plan to launch the compartment for this train, but only the loco:( Normally we have only 2-3 compartments for a model train only.

Our houses are small, all the Chinese models are of HO scale, we could not have a too large one...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
marnlq said:
Of course we would not have so many on our layout. Actually bachmann did not have plan to launch the compartment for this train, but only the loco:( Normally we have only 2-3 compartments for a model train only.

I am a member of a local train club. With their large layout, I am able to run a more realistic 7-10 cars (compartments). Foreign railroads fascinate me, especially Chinese steam locomotives. Those are beautiful pictures.

In model train jargon a passenger train would be called " a string of varnish", refering to the old days when passenger trains were made up of varnish painted wooden cars.

marnlq

Jul 28, 2004
Many thanks shaygetz, I am enlarging my vocabulary, the first word: a string of varnish:)

I will post more pics of Chinese steam locos later on.

Cheers, Marn