Domus' Sydney Opera House

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by rickstef, Sep 6, 2004.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

I have posted some pictures in my album of the Sydney Opera House, published by Domus, an Italian publisher.

The kit is a die cut kit, 24 sheets, about 9.5x12.75inches includes a 20 page booklet describing the construction build.

I started the kit back in August of 2003 or so, never got around to finishing it, I wanted to take something BIG to the paper model convention this year.

I just started back up with it, and followed the directions, the pyramids and the shells, and the steps at the rear, and the base was last.

I liked the build, enjoyed it, but frustrated by some errors because of the Die-cut system or poor fit.

2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Very nice Rick

I like the sheen to the finish, gives it loads of depth.
    Not a mark on those curves and looks fantastic.

Very clean build, one to be proud of :D

3. Tonino

Tonino Member

Very good work. Fantastic, very clean.
    I've built many Domus models and I know very much the problems of their pre-cutted pieces. Sometimes it's a real nightmare, especially when the cut is several millimeters away from the printed edge of the piece, and the bending line is shifted the same way. You have to work very much more than if you have to cut everything by youself.
    But the final result is very good.
  4. Maria

Maria Member

Hello rickstef,

Congratulate, a very nice model. Presents itself really.

5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Beautiful work! Nice model to show at the upcoming convention...., getting there will be an interesting follow-up story.

Which brings up the question, just where do store something like this after it's built? Are you planning to open a Card Modeling Shop and have begun preparing displays in advance?

Best regards, Gil
  6. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

you built an excelent model - impressive and beautifl !

7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

no store, i have enough to do in my current job

and as for transportation, i have a station wagon, so i got room a-plenty