Dominion battleship or battlecruiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumfalsehood

The Battlecruiser model is practically finished, and I haven't yet bought the upgrade to Metasequoia so I can do the Boolean function for all the intersecting parts on the Battleship.

davitch

Out of curiousity, couldn't Blender do the Boolean functions? The reason I ask is the Blender is free and is a very good 3d program.

TonyG2

Paragon

That is bloody brilliant. What is the finished sze? I'm trying to get a rough idea of the scale.

Paragon

Yeah, I'd attach the thin edges to the top instead of making them thin strips. It also needs some sort of internal support. I added my own for this build, but I'd suggest you toss it back in meta (or whatever you're using), build some boxes that fit snugly inside the main hull, and then extract those as well. Also, all of the plain white parts were simply not necessary, the tabs on the colored parts were plenty to attach them to the rest of the model.

Millenniumfalsehood

Well the original Meta model was lost when my hard disk crashed due to a virus, and the Battleship was pretty much unworkable without the full version of Meta, which I don't have. Sorry, dude. :eek:ops:

Status
Not open for further replies.