Dollhouse "Kitchen"

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by eatcrow2, Jun 4, 2007.

1. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

This was from an on-going release, in I think my 2005 ABC subscription.. Each or every other issue they would add another piece of furniture. There's three rooms that make up the whole set.. parlor... dining room.. and kitchen. When completed, they butt up to each other and are connected with fill in strips. Each room has a door leading into the next room.

I started this some time ago, thinking that I would add a piece whenever I got the urge to work on it. At the rate I'm going, it'll be awhile before it's completed (if ever).. Was looking at it last night, and decided to add something to the kitchen. The wall rack that pots and pans will hang on..

Here's the kitchen showing what I have already added before.. Stove with overhead vent.. coal bin with kitty litter painted black, for the coal..
  2. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Here I've added the wall rack....
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That's neat. That ABC magazines has a lot of nice models, seems like.
    For some reason that reminds me of some contractors I hired once to do a remodel.:):p
  4. lairdre

lairdre Member

I have thought for a long time about getting a subscription to ABC. How well does that work for you being in California?

5. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

No longer have the subscription.. Cost this year for re-subing was about $175.00 Too much for me considering the number of models I was actually building from it.. I have more than enough going as is...;-)
  6. GyverX

GyverX Member

Just incase you dont have this link, This may help fill out your house a little

Jim's Dollhouse Pages
  7. lairdre

lairdre Member

Peter, thanks for the information. I have some friends in Prague, I think I will see how much cheaper it would be to purchase locally.

8. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

I think that would be the way to go.. Since there's two issues a month, maybe if they could hang on to the issues and then mail them out every four months or more, it would be cheaper?? From what I was told, postage had gone up and that was the reason for the increase in cost. Would be interested in hearing what you find out.
  9. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is too pretty to call a doll house. It is more like a miniature house. Either way it is fantastic.