Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by modelincard, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

DANG!! Sorry Dave!!!

Man that's tough.......... she looked quite the gal from her pic!

Words just don't seem to be enough, to express the loss of true friend.

2. cbg

cbg Member

Sorry to hear about Tootie, Dave. . .

We lost our cat of 13 years not so long ago and it's hard no matter when or how it happens. My condolences to you and yours.

cbg (chris)
  3. tomhom

tomhom New Member

Hey dog lovers

Sorry to hear about your dog Dave
    Feel a bit bad about posting this now but here is my baby
    She's a Japanese Akita Hers Name's Kira (as in Akira)
    On the Left is at 3 Month's
    On right a more recent one at christmas just after her 4th birthday

4. the micromodels builder

the micromodels builder Card Model Designer

1 a West highland White terrier named Fluffy.
  5. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Used to have a Doberman Pincer named Bo, saw him on the science channel (yes, TV) at a fire department 2 years after we gave him away. One hell of a coincidense. :D
  6. plasticman

plasticman Member

Here's mine. Name's Bob, (pronounced to ryhme with lobe, well, we're Scots!!). Black Lab/Border Collie cross. 2 yrs old and he's as daft as a brush!!
    Wonderful doggie tho'!!:)
  7. plasticman

plasticman Member

8. plasticman

plasticman Member

Here's mine. Names Bob, (pronounced to ryhme with lobe), Black Lab/Border Collie cross, 2 yrs old. Completely insane or as we say 'daft as a brush'!!
    Great guy, luv him to bits.:)

Attached Files:

9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

hi 'the micromodels builder' I had a westie as well, she died a couple of years ago while I was away on holiday. My mother was looking after her at the time and my mother was gutted. She didn't know how to tell me when I got back home. Demi (named after demi moore) had a massive heart attack and would have died even if she would have been at the vets.
    I could never build up the courage to get another dog, but if I did it would be a westie.
  10. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

11. airbob

airbob Member

get the Westie!!!

Naw, go for only live once!...get that Westie!...NOW!
    Ther're a lot of work....but in the end you'll be happier for it!!!
    Bob out!:yep:
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thanks airbob. They look nice and sweet dogs, but I wold put them in the ring with any other breed. They are also loving dogs, my niece really loved her and now she calls every westie she see's 'demi dogs'.
  13. airbob

airbob Member

our sheltie

Our Sheltie Abbie died of renal failure 7/2006....she was 8 years old...we really miss her but we got a new puppy, a male sheltie named Marty who is now about 8 months old..he's not nearly as smart as was Abbie....but he is a lot calmer....she only weighed 23 pounds...but she would attack a rhinocerous if she felt it was threatening someone in the family....Marty is a whole different personality...he is calm..likes eveybody..especially other dogs...and really loves cats...but is not nearly bent on pleasing the was Abbie...."all things great and small!"...this is "Marty" as he looks today....

Attached Files:

14. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Here is my Wingman, er, WingDog!

View attachment 6692

This is Sami, my Shelter Rescue dog. She's a 1 year old Manchester Terrier. Fortunately, she hasn't discovered my models would make good chew toys!

Attached Files:

15. My Bete Noir

This is Kaspa, a pedigree thing, has some collie in his genes according to his adoption papers. He also had several owners. After 2 couches and 2 fridges and far too many lost family meals I think we've figured why. This is a photo of him when we got him at 1 year old. He hasn't changed much in the last 4 years appart from a little op :roll: and a little calmer - probably as a result.

Overal cute. Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth as he's probably buried it in the garden by now.

Attached Files:

16. MAJOR

MAJOR Member

Dog ban

It's good to see how proud, caring & responsible you all are about your dogs.
    I've four lovley babies, sorry, they are like MY babies. My big lab, ozzy, the two boys, elliot & finn, dobbie/lab-x's and last, but not least, my bonnie girl, sheppard/collie-x. All are rescue cases.
    Here in Ireland things have taken a nasty turn for all us responsible owners. In the past week the local authorities in Dublin county have banned 11 breed's of dangrous dogs & crosses of specific breeds, and now there are moves to bring in a COUNTRY WIDE BAN.
    The ban was rushed through 'WITHOUT' any consultation of any of the animal charities or the Irish Cannine Club.
    I cannot begin to belive that i may be forced to have my 3 youngest babies 'put to sleep'. It's heartbreaking. All i can do at the momment is hope that pressure from responsible owners and the various animal charities will force a backtrack by the authorities & commonsence will eventually prevaile.
    Sorry all, if i've sort of hijacked this thread, card models are my hobby. custom motorcycles my job. My dogs are the most important thing in my life.

Thanks for listening..... CHEERS

Oh, if anyone wants to find out more, please, check out the site below. You never know, you might be able to help.
    ANVIL, Animals Need a Voice In Legislation. > Home
  17. George B

George B Senior Member

Here's my little monster. She's a miniature Dachshund, her name is Reeses and she loves the pool!

My Studio Assistant. :)

18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Fantastic pictures George! I love that first one!
    What a great dog!

19. Javito10

Javito10 New Member

Here's our little boy. Bartolomeo.
    He is almost 4, we got him from the street when he was about 2 months.

He is almost blind because he's got cataracts. He is a great dog

And this one is the dog i left on my parents house when I got married. My house is not too big so i couldn't keep him.
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

OOPs.:oops: Looks like you need a little hand with your picture there, Javito.

When you use the IMG tags, the picture should already be hosted somewhere, like image shack or in our gallery and then you just copy and paste the url of the image in between the IMG tags.

If you are uploading a picture directly from your computer, you should click the "Go Advanced" button when posting your reply. Then scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments" A separate window will open up and from there you can browse your computer until you find the image you want and then upload it to your post.

Also, you can go back to your post and click on the "Edit" button in the lower right corner, then click "Go Advanced" and you can both, edit your post and upload your pictures, instead of making another post.

Hope this helps you.
    If not, just give a shout and someone will be happy to assist you.:mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.