Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by modelincard, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modelincard

modelincard Member

Well, someone was bound to do it eventually.:grin:
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

My Blue Healer Bones, do NOT say the "C" word.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

My dog is a Wolf hybrid. Her mother is a Husky and her father is a White Wolf.

Her name is Sasha. We have had her since she was a puppy and we love her like our own child. Needless to say, we spoil her rotten.

She is very vocal and tries like hell to speak.

Surprisingly, she gets along great with the cat I found and they like to play with each other.

Attached Files:

4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oops! Sorry Bones! Easy boy, easy! Good boy!
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK.......... got two and I'll post when I get home............

Russell......... my dog Sume IS a Siberian Husky and looks very much like your Sasha. Unfortunately I did not get to see Sume as a pup because we adopted her when she was 5 years old. That's me and her in my avitar......... yeah I know it's small.

My wife's dog is a Border Collie and Husky mix we got the from Rescue League........... more collie than husky. She's named Daisey.

Does Sasha "talk" to you guys?

Bones looks great! A nice BIG dog I hope!

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi John,

Your dog is beautiful!

Sasha may not be pure bred Husky but she looks it!

I had noticed your avitar some time ago and had asked you about him but I guess you missed that post as I do not remember getting a reply.

Anyway, yes Sasha talks to us, but mostly we are the ones who know what she is saying because we have been with her for her whole life.

She has certain patterns of "speech" that mean certain things, like, "I have to go outside".

Some things are discernable by others who have never met her like, "I love you", "yum yum" and "I don't know".

She sounds almost like Scooby Doo!

I forgot to mention she has one blue eye and one brown.

Does Sume try to "talk" also?

Our vet told use that the Husky breed is the only one that tries to talk.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes! It's very cool to hear her greet you.

Sume has both eyes blue and I'll post a bigger version of my avatar when I get home. When a stranger first looks at her they get the willies from those eyes....... but she a pussy cat in a dog suit. Really......... she cleans herself and stays white, uses her paws like a cat, catches birds, and has the air of superiority that cats have.

We have learned a lot of her language too! We give them both Scoobie snacks and she WILL let you know when she wants one. She always greets us in the morning and when we get in from work. I've had dogs howl but never actually "talk to you" before. It's neat!

This has been the BEST breed of dog I have ever owned, except for the semi-annual shedding (she looks like a sheep needing a sheared) there isn't any fault I can find with them. You have to accommodate their needs for cooling (down in the deep south) in the summer and NEVER let them off leash because they run like the wind, but they are the BEST friend you could ever want. We have a doggie door and they both use it whenever needed and we keep fans on the floor for them in the summer.

If people have the space for them outside I always tell them they can not go wrong with these dogs!

Ummmmmmmm...... guess you can tell I kinda Love My Sume....

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

^^ Rascal
  9. thewoodengraver

Bones has a big dog attitude in a medium dog package. He has an amazing vocabulary of understanding, but he seldom speaks unless he is yelling at me.
    In his mind HE is in charge and this is HIS home. He just allows US to stay here because he cannot open the door! Before I met my Wife, he was my BEST friend. Now he is second best. That's okay with him because he gets me AND my Wife.
    Very good protector, the hardest working dog I have EVER witnessed. It's that "Heeler" instinct that keeps him always at my feet. He has a habit of attacking our feet when we walk. I have tried to explain to him that we are NOT cattle. Try telling him anything and he smirks and growls.
    If he ever wanted to speak to me for real, I'm sure he'd say "Shut the hell up Phil!".
  10. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

We have 2 dogs. Belle is a boxer/beagle mix going on 8 years old. She is great with the kids but getting a little grouchy in her old age :-D .
    Anubis is going on 3 years old, black lab/greyhound mix. He is huge but acts like a little girl. We got him from a rescue shelter and he was severly beaten as a pup. He is scared to death of all men and still won't come to me unless I am laying down (not sitting, have to be laying down) on the couch or if my wife is standing next to him. Loves the kids and serves as a jungle gym for my 2 year old son. He loves to play with other animals, played with a baby rabbit for about an hour before My wife figured out what he had and sent me to go save the rabbit. Only damage to the rabbit was a little slober lol. The skunk the other night however did not appreciate his playful nature and promptly gave him a healthy dose of the "stink".
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Kevin dude! Tomato juice!!!! Even then the smells gotta wear off........ Man! What a stink!

Hate people that abuse animals, and I mean domesticated animals. I don't put up with that. AND had to show a couple people what it feels like to have than done to THEM!:mad:

Love animals rescued from shelters and people that do the rescuing!............. Good Man Kevin!

Can't find my big picture of me and Sume so I have one at work I should have brought home to scan.:cry:
    Post one when I can................

Both the Catz and Dogz post are great!.............:grin: Amazing how many things we all have in common! (it's a small world song playing in the background):grin:
  12. Felixdk

Felixdk New Member

I've had mostly cats, but we had a Whippet/Golden Retriever that died at 18yrs a couple of years ago and she and the cats got along great. They used to love to watch her eat; they couldn't believe the way she gobbled up the food. The cats used to be able to go out at night (before the Coyotes started getting bad) and, in the morning, I would find gifts from Junior (the big black Tomcat) in Goldie's dish. Sometimes a squirrell, sometimes a rat; I figure he was trying to get more meat in her diet.
  13. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Actually the tomato juice just kinda blends in with the stink as far as I have found. We use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. Does the job just right and it seems to get rid of the smell completly. He needed the bath anyways, the skunk was just reminding us im sure!:grin:
    We always adopt from the rescue shelter. It is a good cause and (gonna show my cheapness here) it doesn't cost a ton of cash. Every dog I have ever had was a stray or from a rescue shelter and havn't had a bad dog yet!
  14. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

Our home is "littered" by three dogs.

"Wolfie" - MY hound/pomerainian (Sp) mix... (hound a tad larger than a beagle), and thank God that only his eyes (cocked) show the pom... He's very quiet. About 4 human years.

"Bear" - my son's Lab/Rottie mix... looks like a lab that stole a rottie coat, and just as much an idiot as most labs... But, very loving and lovable... About 2.5 human years...

"Baby" - the wife's (she thinks she's mine, tho'...) ****zu/peek mix... No trace of the yapping peek (T G)... She's the house dog and VERY rotten... About 1.5 human years...

They're good, and were very well mannered during last year's hurricanes.

They can stand (cover dog's ears)................. :-D Felines, even tho' we haven't any... ;-)

I don't have pics of them, as we rarely do pics...

15. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I have a Tibetain terrier. He doesn't like to be photographed so I won't show him. I also have had a succession of dogs belonging to housemates. Two of them were huskies. Huskies are great but they sure have their habits. They like to dig, chew, and run.
    It's illegal to have wolf hybrids here, so if you bring Sashia to Alaska say with a straight face "She's a huskie. Not a bit of wolf in her." Hey everyone else does it with wolfy looking dogs and dogs with some wolf in them.
    Ski joring is great fun with huskies. You put skis on your feet, a harness on the dog, then attach harness to your belt and oh boy! let the dog run. If you don't have snow you can do it with in-line skates. It's a great way to let the dog run and get the excercise that he need while still keeping him (somewhat)under control.
    My dog doesn't go for this kind of thing. What run? I'd rather check my pee-mail.
  16. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

I have 2 dogs. Penny and Tootie. I will let you guess which name goes with the picture? I love both of them.

Attached Files:

17. thewoodengraver

Hey StevO, I forgot to mention...every time I see a post from you I get warm fuzzies just looking at your sweet 'lil Rascal. That dawg is so DARN CUTE!!!!
    Wut kinda dawg is it??? Lhasa Apso or Shih Tzu by any chance?
  18. airbob

airbob Member

Dog's Pictures

This is a picture of our Sheltie-"Abbie" and her best friend "Lucy", aka 'hellcat' in a moment of rest!

Attached Files:

19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great pic of your beautiful, animal Friends, AirBob!

Animals that are supposed to be mortal enemies, caught in a picture like this, are the most adorable to me!

20. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.