dogs and trains dont mix!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i was putting my 3419 helicopter car back up on its shelf. and it fell off the flatcar, i fnished getting the car on the track i sits on then went to pick up the helicopter, it was gone!, a puppy that will remain nameless got it as soon as it hit the floor andran into the other room and i did not know it. i got it back, but it wont be put back into service for awhile, one blade is chewed all to heck. took me a year to get that and the car on ebay, was always out bid.
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Puppy soup, anyone?
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Sounds like that dog needs guessed it.....TRAINingsign1

COMBAT Member

LOL OK, what kind of dog is it???? :)
  5. Pitas

Pitas New Member

Hi everyone this is my first time responding to anyones emails in here, i have been just looking around trying to get a feel for it. I am a novis model train set constructor, but i am very enthusiastic on trains. I bought the house we are living in about a half a block away from the CP(Canadian Pacific) railway where i live.:thumb:
    Now if i may make a comment on the dog, I think it is a puppoose!!! A new kind of
    Well i hope to be in here more often. I will have questions in the future as i build my set in one of the bedrooms, that is as soon as it is vacant. My one Daughter still occupies it.
  6. Cannonball

*boom tish*

7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

its a beagle
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Every war train needs some battle scars. ;) At least your dog left you something. In my case the dog finishes what ever he gets in his mouth.
  9. stripes

stripes Member

To bad about the hellicoptor! But I can understand! My christmas present is still learning puppy manners!

The good thing is that she is scared of the stairs into the basement where my trains are!

10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

ozzy, now don't tell us that you are thinking about doing something to snoopysign1

11. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:) I just got that Beagle - Snoopy. HEY HE WAS JUST TRYING TO DOWN THE RED BARRON.
  12. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i just cought her in time or it would of been gone completly,,,,,,

i been trying to get rid of the 2 dogs the day the wife drug them home,,,,,, i keep telling her a 22 shell are only 4 cents each!
  13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Yeah...but a dog's devotion to it's owner is priceless! :) :)
  14. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

who'ss dog are you talking about? sure is not mine, or i should say my

only reason the dogs have not "come up missing " yet is the fact if they did, the next time i came home some trains would "come up missing"

dont even get me started on the cat! it found a nice place to sit on the n-scale layout the other day.....GRRRR
  15. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

For the train-eating dog: put all your cars in high, plastic cases and consider getting an indoor electric fence for it

for the monster on the rails: re-enginer those eletric fences so it buzzes the cat whenever it tires to to godzila on you ever-so-fine layout or even thinks of going into your train room:D
  16. gfmucci

gfmucci Member

What kind of transformer do you recommend for electrifying the cat? errr I mean, electrifying the fence to keep the cat off the layout?
  17. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Its a cat...the bigger the better!!!!!sign1 sign1

18. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Its a cat...the bigger the better!!!!!sign1 sign1

19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

And just so you know about TRAINingannounce1 ....I got stuck with taking care of a 6 week old pup Thanksgiving weekend:curse: . Part Lab, Shepard, Springer and Great Dane:D . She was house broke before Christmas and has now learned that the furniture is not a chew toy or a bed, not to jump on people and that people are not chew toys:thumb: . When I go into the basement to mess with my trains she sit at the top of the stairs and whimpers cause she isn't allowed down theresign1 !

She sure eats a lot though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Cannonball

How did you pull that off?
    We've been trying to keep our Lab mix from jumping on people forever.