Does this describe you?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Peter T Davis, May 22, 2007.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Why NO!!!(as i pick up my Union Pacific coffee cup and take a drink), i am not even close to that:eeki: (ooops, let me put down the UP boxcar i am weathering, makes typing easier:119: ). i haven't even seen ANY real trains since(looks at 2007 official UP callender)...last weekend:up: . "Hang on a second, i have to check something"...(starts checking the UPS package tracking, have to see when my NEW UP GP35 is due at my door)...Umm....what was the question?:119: ...OH YEA, the train show is in two weeks!:up:
    :mrgreen: -Deano
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

My wife read that and asked me if I needed to go to rehab and start attending support group meetings for train addicts. :oops:
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

HIDE THIS FROM THE WIFES!!!! LOL.i think that was just a little bit too much fo me,and i though i was a train nut :D --josh
  6. N Gauger

Tell her The Gauge "IS" a support group! When you are online you aren't operating trains :D :D :D
  7. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

This doesn't describe me ... yet
  8. Go Big1

Go Big1 Member

Too funny. I love The Onion.
  9. nolatron

nolatron Member

Problem? What problem?
  10. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

But does he belong to The Gauge? If not he's not totally hooked like we are:-D.

11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Nah, I can see plenty of differences:
    1. I don't have a basement full of train stuff... well, I don't have a basement, that's probably the reason
    2. I don't drive six hours to a train show... probably because most train shows are no more than an hour's drive away (except for the one up in Prescott, which is two hours away)
    3. I don't spend overnight when I go to a train show... (See #2)
    4. My wife doesn't get upset when I'm working on my trains...mainly because I can't keep her from doing what she wants to do while I'm there. (The exception to that is when she goes to the train shows with me.)
    5. The biggest difference between us though is that I'm not into Lionel, nor O scale of any kind...
    See, this proves that I'm not hooked. Now excuse me while I go lock myself in my train room and work on my scratchbuild project for a few hours...
  12. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Yes, I have a support group. Here.
    People in this forum would more than support my buying more trains.:mrgreen:
  13. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I'm not hooked on model railroading!!!
    I could walk away from it anytime!.....Ok...Maybe tomorrow.....OK
    Next week........Maybe next year......

Ahhhhh!...I am hooked!!!!
  14. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Our daughter's bf is coming in from Germany this weekend to "meet the parents". She told me on the phone today, "Now, Dad, don't try to talk him into trains!!" But I'm bringin' an n-scale loco to show off, ya never know!
  15. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Boy, I get pretty close to this. I still think I'm conscious enough of my train obsession though that it's not a problem. There are a few things I need to do tonight, one being trying to fix a tender that keeps derailing. Rob
  16. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

One thing I don't get -- why would he want a 40-watt transformer?
  17. N Gauger

That's what Lionel runs on :) :) Some are over 100W
  18. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I meant, does anything Lionel run on as little as 40 watts?
  19. N Gauger

Yeah - My 10E runs on 40W :)