Does Roco make atlas's DCC systems?

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
I was looking up the decoder manual for my Atlas Locomotive witha 4 function decoder on the Atlas site and noticed that the PDF of the maunal says that it is a Roco decoder.

I never knew Atlas and Roco were partnered for the DCC that Atlas sells.

I had a chance to get one of the Roco "train set" DCC systems for something like 70 dollars from my LHS in an open box deal I was offered when his Digitrax orders were all backordered indefinitely. I instead bought his in house Zephyr system off the stores layout at a reduced price. Now I sorta wish I had picked up thew Roco set as well.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Actually it is HO.

Don't really need any install info, it already has the stock Atlas Decoder in it.

The nice thing is that it is the typical Atlas motor mounted circuit board type that digitrax makes a drop in replacement for if it ever goes bad.

I am actually running the digitrax decoder in my IHC. and the two locos perfom almost identically.

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
The Atlas DCC system and decoders are made for Atlas by Lenz. This is why a lot of the Lenz command/ booster system components are compatible with Lenz.

As for your Zephyr purchase, IMHO, you've purchased the best as you have a lot of versatility if you want to expend your system.

Of course, all DCC decoders can be used with any DCC system.