Does Anyone Want To Loan Me $12,000?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
You could always make your own.

I've had that plan going in my head for a year and a half.

I'm guessing materials would probably end up costing me more than to have it made though.

And I'd still have to buy the expensive parts, (Like the riding mower it uses for power.)

I still might give it a shot someday.

jesso

Sorry, Cannonball. I have no money to loan you, but that would be a great train. Here in St. George there is a company that has a kid train that they use for the 4th of July, Kite Day, etc. It is a lawn mower pulling 10 cutout plastic water storage drums. You can't believe how much money he makes off of that thing. 2 dollars a kid for a 3-5 minute ride and he is packed all day at the park. The train you found is much better.

Nomad

I told my wife I was going to do that to our lawn tractor, now she won't talk to me. :yep:

Loren

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Sorry, Cannonball. I have no money to loan you, but that would be a great train. Here in St. George there is a company that has a kid train that they use for the 4th of July, Kite Day, etc. It is a lawn mower pulling 10 cutout plastic water storage drums. You can't believe how much money he makes off of that thing. 2 dollars a kid for a 3-5 minute ride and he is packed all day at the park. The train you found is much better.

hhhmmmm..... That would help make the payments......

Russ Bellinis

I wonder if there is anywhere to find plans to build such a thing?

Do your own plans. Start with a used riding mower or garden tractor, and design a locomotive body for it. The cars are all made from those inexpensive utility trailers sold as kits by Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc. There aree two things that you need to think about before proceeding. If you don't have enough property to run the train on, what are the local laws concerning driving a vehicle on the street and how many trailers you can legally pull. Secondly, you will need liability insurance, especially if you charge admission for rides.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Do your own plans. Start with a used riding mower or garden tractor, and design a locomotive body for it. The cars are all made from those inexpensive utility trailers sold as kits by Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc. There aree two things that you need to think about before proceeding. If you don't have enough property to run the train on, what are the local laws concerning driving a vehicle on the street and how many trailers you can legally pull. Secondly, you will need liability insurance, especially if you charge admission for rides.

Yeah, I thought about the libility insurance.

The property thing is an issue but I'm sure I could work a deal out with one of the local parks as well. The city is always on the lookout for family oriented stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the trailers!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
You'd be the most popular guy in the neighborhood Cannonball! One of our local malls used to have something like that at holiday time.
Ralph

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
You'd be the most popular guy in the neighborhood Cannonball! One of our local malls used to have something like that at holiday time.
Ralph

Yeah, I'm trying to convince my wife of the killing we could make with one of these at $3.00 a ride.