Does anyone know....

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by wunwinglow, Nov 5, 2006.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

...where I have put my scalpel? I suddenly find myself with a couple of hours to kill, though I'd cut some card, but my prime tool has gone walk-about. Anyone seen it?

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  2. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Have you checked your pockets?
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Try to sit down in the most unexpected place :twisted:
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Onset of Something Vague...,

You placed it in a safe and trusted place. A place where you knew you'd remember that you put it there. A place so obvious that even the most casual observer would know that it is there. A place so well placed that even a witless fool would know it's there...,

Now for a word from our sponsors, "Witwhiles Witless Poof Powder"...,

5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Check behind your right ear...

very carefully.
  6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

OK, tried all those, no luck so far! It is obviously hiding from me. I think I'm going to have to do something else, lull it it into a false sense of security and catch it unawares. A bit like the, um, oh don't tell me, WORDS, that do the same thing in my head sometimes.

I can't remember what I wanted it for now, anyway.

Ho hum.

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  7. Tim, maybe your wife has it so you can't do any modeling. Only "honey-do's"
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I'll ask. I'll have to shout because she is down stairs doing the ironing.

'HILLY, have you seen my scalpel?!'
    'I can't find it.'
    'It'll be where you had it last....'
    'Thank you, Hilly....'

No, she hasn't seen it either.

Tim P (wunwinglow)

PS Perhaps I should buy a new one.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

what, a knife or a wife?

Sorry, couldn't resist

10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Go.............. Run.......... buy a new one, and pay twice what you did for the old one............................

and you will find the old one............ works every time for me.:cry:
  11. hpept

hpept Member

Sad but true... works for me also...
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

A Word From Our Sponsor

Time for a Witwhiles Break don't you think. A couple of Witwhiles Patented Instant Witless Poof Powder tablets fizzing away in a cup of water is what's needed at times like these. The refreshing lemon scented taste and effervescence reminds you of the last place you placed something that you've been racking your brain to remember. In just a few seconds the Witwhiles Patented formula takes hold and whamo! You're a regular Einstein of lost items. Witwhiles Patented Instant Witless Poof Powder Tablets are available at all better grocery and pharmacy outlets.

Witwhiles not responsible for any inadvertent side effects. Failure to remember your name, your wife's or children's name or where you live has been experienced in clinical trials. Some have experienced a complete state of catatonia lasting several hours before remembering anything at all. If any of these symptoms occur while taking Witwhiles Patented Instant Witless Poof Powder Tablets contact emergency medical help immediately. Witwhiles reserves the right to deny ever making this statement.

13. cjd

cjd Member

Back of the sofa? or the bit between the oven and the sink where mushrooms grow?

14. Gil

Gil Active Member

You got it out for an unrelated task that required a sharp blade. It was left it in the general area of the first floor. Somewhere near or in the kitchen...,

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I KNOW I KNOW!!! Have visited the dr lately? If you did its prolly inside someone...... Dont worry though, it will be discovered on their next xray....
  16. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

run a magnet across the house you'll hear a clink when you find it,and next time maybe string it to your cutting surface or something
  17. keith

keith Member

Your looking for it, so you won't find it. Try looking for a purple honk, then you'll find your scalpel.

I had a mechanical pencil that i could never find, even if i was looking at it. I found that by wrapping a piece of white tape around it, it broke up the colour so that my eyes would recognise it. wierd.

It'll either have slipped under your computer or be in that pile of papers....
  18. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Thanks guys, all good suggestions. I now have a pristine purple honk, which I found under a roll of white tape, neither of which I realised I had! Excellent!

Still no scalpel though. However, I am about to take the top off my printer, as daughter No. 1 mentioned she saw daughter No. 2 using it to try and clear a paper jam.... The plot thickens.

So I might be buying a new printer as well as a new scalpel.

This might turn out rather well!!

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  19. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

20. Kaz

Kaz Member