Does anyone know this outfit?

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Gals and Guys.

Has anybody ever done any business with Internet trains.com?

I just recieved a news letter about there web site tonight and there prices are well below anyone I ever delt with. Check out there prices. Ron

rguyett

Oct 22, 2003
calgary alberta
Visit site
I came across their web site the other day also
I have not bought anything from them but the prices do look good on somethings
I would also be interested if anybody has had any business dealings with them

SD70BNSF

Aug 11, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
Wig Wag

I'll add my praise for Wig Wag Trains. I have been buying my stuff through them and have been completely satisfied. I have even called him (George Canham) up a couple of times and he is always enthusiastic about talking trains and his business. I just hope I can get them to come to a meet in St. Louis someday.

lock4244

Nov 10, 2003
Scarborough, ON
Visit site
SD90, your right about the prices at Wig-Wag Trains. I've never seen prices that low! I'd like to order a few things from them, but have one concern. Being a fellow Canuk, how much does the stuff get nailed at the border for import duties?

Mike

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by lock4244
SD90, your right about the prices at Wig-Wag Trains. I've never seen prices that low! I'd like to order a few things from them, but have one concern. Being a fellow Canuk, how much does the stuff get nailed at the border for import duties?

Mike

I ordered 2 Kato SD40's, ($120 US) and I got charged $14 CDN when I picked them up, for a grand total of $170 CDN, ($85 each inculding GST, brokerage fee, shipping and exchange) Pretty good I think, considering they want $159.99 + GST at the LHS, exactly double what I paid for 2!

Mike.

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
I have ordered from Internettrains a couple of times with mixed results.

The first time was a large order- $300+ I had no problems with that... it got here quick and with no problems.

The last time was a small order- about $20. I called after 10 days and they hadn't shipped yet. They finally got it to me and the postman left it on my doorstep in the rain..... Luckily, the decals in the box were protected.... it could have been a mess. The postal situation wasn't their fault though... But the having to remind them to ship my order kinda ticked me off.

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
I just purchased a loco from hobbylinc.com good price and their service was great. I've also used n scale supply with no problems.

P.S. at hobbylinc.com they have order tracking. I ordered on a friday and revieved it on monday. ( georiga to missouri)

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Mike,

I haft to agree with you on the prices at Wig-Wag. I checked them out after your reply. I was looking at the price on the Micro Trains EMD FT AB units. Compared to the three internet shops I been dealing with the price was way lower. But Wig- Wag was even lower then that. Thanks for your input and thanks to the rest for theres. Ron :)

pupparo

Jul 12, 2001
Jensen Beach Fl USA
Visit site
RE: Internet hobbies

I used them once will never do again.
Orders a large order took 30 days to receive never answered Emails sent to them.
Was up in the air to weather the order was received or not.
I will never do bussiness with them again.
Many better sites.
1ST place hobbies is one never a problem and I think better prices

NS-Fan

Nov 1, 2003
www.vaules.net
Don't Like Them

I have dealt with them 3 or 4 times. At least twice they screwed up the order. Plus it took them forever to get any of my stuff to me. Another thing about them is they have items on there site with no indication if they actually have them in stock. Imagine waiting 3 or 4 weeks for an order just to find out the ONE thing you really wanted wasn't available. That all said, they do carry many n scale manufacturers, and overall their prices are good. I am not saying I would never do business with them again, but I would think twice first.