Does anyone know if there's a Victor kit available?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Regie, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Regie

Regie Member

Happy New Year folks! I'm coming out of lurk mode and trying to get back into building after a bit of a fallow period over the last year or so.

I have developed a bit of an obsession with the swansong of truly British military aviation design and I've found all manner of British Cold War planes online - even a TSR-2, but I can't find a Victor anywhere.

Any ideas? Or indeed, anyone with a talent for design and some unexpected free time? I fear such a project would well beyond my talents...
  2. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

3. Regie

Regie Member

That's the one! I clearly need to refine my google skills, 'cos I was looking for ages! $60 is a little pricey, but it is a beautiful model.

I may have to give myself a retrospective Christmas present!

Thanks Bob!
  4. morewings

morewings New Member

5. Regie

Regie Member

Danke, Morewings, thank you!
  6. David H

David H Member

t would be great to see the Wilhemshavener Victor but I have always considered it as pricey for an old and "basic" kit.

I have many times stood in wonder at the preserved Victor at the Yorkshire Air Museum ( It is so compact yet the individual components are so big: it's great to hear her ground running!

Yeah, a Victor should be a must and a Valiant too!

7. Regie

Regie Member

The Yorkshire Air Museum Victor is amazing isn't it? I agree - the noise when they blast her down the runway is awesome!
  8. David H

David H Member

If it wasn't so blessed cold I would nip over and see the Victor...

9. Regie

Regie Member

heh. I reckon I'll wait until April and watch her roll out again...