Does anyone know anything about this loco?

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
Hmm..looks pretty toyish. that being said, it has plastic wheels on the tender, so the motor is in the engine itself. this means you can put a decoder in the tender and run the leads from the motor to the decoder in the tender, then run the leads back to the motor. as it has an operating light, you'll also have to run the 2 leads for that back to the tender to thr decoder.

It can be done but will take some work.

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Yes I thought it looked toyish as well, but I have some older looking short Denver & Rio Grand passenger cars that would go with it quite nicely. I guess I will pass on it and try to find a real HO scale 4-6-2 that I can put a decoder in to go with the passenger cars I have.

Thanks for the input,

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Oh. If they are too modern then go ahead and sell them. I was thinking from prior posts that you had locos which wouldn't operate with DCC, your Athearns are pretty easy to convert, and worthwhile.

Gary

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
vanda32547 said:
I guess I will pass on it and try to find a real HO scale 4-6-2 that I can put a decoder in to go with the passenger cars I have.

I dunno, I'm just ornary enough to put a decoder in it and run it on the club layout... ;)