Does anyone have diagrams of THIS freighter ship???

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, edkeffel!:)

If you know the ship's name, a goggle search might give you some leads online. Ordinarily I would suggest contacting the site you saw the photos on, but seems they are in the business of selling these models, so they might not be very cooperative.:grin:

If you know the ship yard that built it and when, you might be able to write to the yard and see if they would be willing to help you get copies of some of the basic ship plans; also, contacting the liner service that owns and/or operates the ship might help, but I've had little success with that. Normally some public relations person replies that has no idea what you are looking for and the correspondence dies with nothing accomplished, but you never know. Never hurts to ask!

Cheers!
Jim

edkeffel

Oct 9, 2006
Brazil
www.spaceagency.hpg.ig.com.br
It seems like this is a Dutch ship, operating under Bahamas flag. The site brings its name as Lomar or Virginia. I will write to the site asking for the info, but I dont think they will answer. Well, like you said, never hurts to ask.

thanx

lizzienewell

Jun 24, 2005
Anchorage, Alaska
lizzienewell.com
If you are only going from the photos get the scale from things that are in standard sizes. The door to the bridge or the stair rungs looks like the best things to go from. In the US the door to a house is 80" high. This may not be the same on a UK ship, but it's a place to start.
It also might be as accurate at getting the specs since there are several different ways to measure length of ship.