Does an Antonov 225 kit exist???

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by gman95687, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gman95687

gman95687 Member

I would love to share how its done! Should I just continue here, or should I post a tutorial thread in one of the other categories? Gman
  2. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

3. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

gamn maybe start the thread in the aircraft and aviation section m8 :):thumb:
  4. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Ok then, I will get my next project lined up and do a tutorial type post in the aircraft and aviation section for those who are interested. :thumb:

5. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

There was a very small model of the An-225 on the Czech magazine ABC

Attached Files:

6. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanks gman look forward to seeing it m8 :) :thumb:
  7. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Col Kurtz, I totally intended to take pictures as you had requested during my next soda can model build, and somehow I got side tracked and Forgot until it was all over!wall1 Well anyhow I will have to do a new thread when I build my next project, a Sopwith Camel. Here is a pic of my 16 inch long Curtiss JN4 Jenny with a 24 inch wingspan, unfortunately after it was completed!

8. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

Aluminum models?

what the frak?

so, my questions about aluminum as medium replacing paper for papermodels are:

what do you use to cut them, other than metal shears?

what do you use to glue them?
  9. gman95687

gman95687 Member

I have a set of fiskars scissors I bought at walmart which cut the aluminum just fine. Very rarely do I have to use tin snips. As for the glue, I special order Testors Super Glue which is rated for plastic, metal, and wood from my local hobby shop. It runs about $4 a bottle, but its the only thing that I trust to hold the cans without making a mess....

Heres a p-51 mustang I just finished using the above mentioned suplies and a bunch of Diet coke cans:

10. doctormax

doctormax Member

Not seen a paper model of that but have seen one of the An,124 in a google search, if you find a An124 model you may be able to alter it. as it has the same shape as the an 124. noticed on the Antinov site the following

The AN-225 Mriya obtains the high degree of succession and unification as to its systems, assemblies, units and elements of the airframe, the powerplant and equipment with the certificated AN-124-100 aircraft.

A free paper model An124 is available at this site.
  11. gman95687

gman95687 Member

hey that site has the Yak 42 airliner I have been looking for!!!!!! Thank You doctormax!

12. Jimbo145

Jimbo145 New Member

Anyone Have any Updates on this?
  13. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

The only good model I know of is a plastic model of the AN-124 in 1-144 scale by revell. With two of these you could kitbash into the AN 225. The 225 was a stretched version of the 124 with a new wing center section, an additional pair of engines, and a new tail.
  14. davidootheone

davidootheone New Member

Hello all,

I know i am ungraving this thread but i would like to know if finally someone did a Mirya paper model or maybe is there any project pending ?

Thank you,

Have a nice day ^^
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

sorry - nothing I know of personally.
  16. yoanncr

yoanncr New Member

Hi all, i found a great an-225 this week, on this russian forum, look this thread:

the model is at 1/120 scale

and the link for files are in the pages 4 . ( in pdf, and another one in pdo)
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

An-225 Mriya Paper Model 1:120 in Scale

Hi yoanncr,

What a great find! It looks like a beautifully outlined model, with just the sweeping lines of the real thing! The internal fuselage formers look very good. This must be the best paper model of the An-225 Mriya to date. It almost resembles one of Ken L West's large scale designs.

And it's quite big, too, at 1:120 scale! I have downloaded all the four parts sheets and all the assembly sketches, along with the photos of the model build. It would be interesting to print a sheet to test the resolution.

I am sure it would benefit from a bit of detailing, such as wheel wells and landing gear (a LOT of wheels there!), some additional logos, windows and doors, etc. Cockpit windows could of course be cut out, too, for added realism, and perhaps the whole model could be sprayed with some glossy acryllic coat (before assembly) to make it a bit more metallic-like.

All the best,
    Bengt F, Stockholm :thumb::thumb::thumb: