Does an Antonov 225 kit exist???

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by gman95687, Mar 18, 2008.

1. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

arent you somethin!!!!
  2. morewings

morewings New Member

AN 225 - concept study

Here is my very simple concept study of a AN 225 (scale 1:100), based on an basic cardmodel
    of AN 124 you can find here: ÞÒ äëÿ óìåëûõ ðóê - ìóçåé íà ñòîëå (I hope it's no pirat link! Look for AH-124).
    First I stretched the center part of the fuse, 12 cm, and added the center part of the wings.
    One have to add two more wheels on every side.
    The AN 225 is the stretched version of AN 124.

Attached Files:

3. gman95687

gman95687 Member

An-225 concept study

Thanks for that link morewings! Not only did it give me a place to start on the An-225, but it also had the card model of the IL-86 airliner too!!!
  4. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Dont worry if it is, it doesnt seem to work anyway!!!!
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Half Way There, Herr Seißler!

Wow, Roman,

You are almost finished already! It just needs the six jet engines and all the landing gear wheels now.
    What a great way to do it, as the Mriya basically is an enlarged version of the Antonov An-124 'Ruslan', with the added, necessary larger twin stabilizer for the Buran shuttle (of the same type as the enlarged Boeing 747 Space Shuttle carrier).

The Antonov An-124 'Ruslan' taking off:

I wasn´t able to open the link to the Russian server, by the way (I tried with three different browsers) - have you got another link, by any chance?

gman95687 (or Roman),
    If either of you need some simple 3- and 4-way plans of the 'Mriya' (GIFs), I can mail you the ones that I have got - just send me PM!

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  6. cygielski

cygielski Member

Well, it's not the most detailed model, but it IS a model of the Mriya. :)
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

'Yuniy Technik' Server Down?

Roman, OhioMike,

It seems that the hopelessly slow Russian server is down for good now . . .
    Too bad, they had some really nice models there, some of them bad scans but others very good and detailed.

Bengt :cry:
  8. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Since I started this thread, I thought it would be nice to conclude it with an unusual version of the Antonov An-225 that I built. I hope no one minds me posting it here since its not plastic, nor paper, but here it is in 1/72 scale at 51 inches long with a 51.5 inch wingspan made out of soda cans!

9. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

I have been to this site before and I used morewings link also with no problems. Hey. its Russia, it may or maynot work tonight or next week. Go figure.
  10. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

gman, that is really something!

There is one paper model of the Mriya that I know of. It's from ABC, and, despite a fairly high part count, isn't very large, and looks to be somewaht "blocky". It does include a Buran, though.

Now for the bad news. I don't know the issue date, and even worse, the copy I saw was on a pirate site, so we're all out of luck.

Scott K.
  11. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Well, the good news is that the pattern that I used to build my 1/72 Mriya can be scaled down to about 1/444 or 1/200 and converted to PDF in order to be used as a Card model version. I may need some assistance from some of the artists here to do some paint work to make it look good, but I think the conversion can be done...Gman
  12. willygoat

willygoat Member

I just saw a great show on the Military channel called "Aircraft Stories: The History of Russian Cargo Planes". It highlighted many great planes. It focused a lot on the An-22, An-124, and obviously the An-225. All amazing planes for sure :thumb:
  13. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

Look forward to the conversion gman :)
  14. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Any artists here that are willing to help beautify this pattern?
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

And all this time I've been told recycled aluminum never makes it into aircraft construction!
  16. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Well it did in this case! I think its only worth about $40 in recycling value here in Sunny California!
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Antonov An-225 'Mriya' International Transporter Model

Very well done, gman!

A beautiful model indeed. Are you going to paint it?

I have actually just modified the basic An-124 'Ruslan' card model into a red An-225 model and I have cut out all the pieces.
    As Roman Seissler (morewings) did, I will extend the fuselage, make the twin stabilizer in the tail, put on two extra set of wheels and an extra pair of jet engines. I will also try to make some of the bulges and caps on top of the fuselage. I have enlarged the sheets to European A3 format (297 x 420 mm).

I consider it a test build. I will post some photos when I start the assembly.

All the best from Stockholm,
  18. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Hi Bengt,

Will I paint my giant can plane? Na, I think it looks neat with the can exterior. It actually placed 2nd at an IPMS event in the 'Miscellaneous other than plastic' category!

If you used that An-124 pattern and you extend the fuselauge, you might want to widen it as well. I tried using that as a point of reference for my giant can model, but I found that by extending the fuselauge the model itself became just a bit too narrow. Just an FYI...

19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Antonov An-225 'Mriya' International Transporter Model

Thanks for that tip, gman,

Congrats to the IPMS prize - I ca see why you want to keep it that way, unpainted. A one-of-a-kind metallic model.
    I´ll have a look at the proportions as I assemble it. I have gathered all the available plans and profiles on the 'Mriya', so I think I have reasonably adequate reference material to work from. Here is one of the simpler ones, with cross-sections of the entire length of the fuselage:

And, if you want to make a landing or starting 'Mriya', there are of course all the thirtytwo wheels of the main and nose landing gear to make:

I´ll come back with some pictures later.

PS. By the way, there are some very nice color profiles here, at the Russian 'Wings Palette' web site, both of the original Soviet 'Buran' carrier scheme and of the newer Ukranian international transport livery:
  20. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

gman can you share wiv us a how to ,as id like to make some soda can models myself,but carnt find any info on the net on howto thats free :)