Does an Antonov 225 kit exist???

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by gman95687, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gman95687

gman95687 Member

Does anyone know if there is a card model of the An-225 in existence? I was told that there is a card model kit that can be purchased but I have not been able to find it....
  2. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

yes, there is. Saw it on the web somewhere??? Is there an MI-26 though? Thats the question!!!
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Antonov An-225 'Mriya' or 'Cossack' Buran Transport Plane

Hi gman95687,

I am also interested in this amazing carrier aircraft and I´d like to build a card model of it, too.
    However, I have not found any card model yet - but there are plastic models and ready-made die-cast models. I will keep on looking, I hope you´ll do the same:

Bengt :thumb:

Nothing is as impressive as the real thing, though, with all those wheels:

4. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

I believe it was a CFM-verlag kit/front page i saw??? I'll keep looking. Problem is, i dont remember the web site i saw it at. I know It was european because i could'nt understand a word of it!!!!
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

cfm Verlag Munich

Hi OhioMike,

Is this the one you are referring to? (this is the 2nd page with airplanes):

Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

cfm Verlag Munich

Hi again, OhioMike,

There are TWO pages with airplane models - unfortunately, there is no Antonov An-225 but there is one very nice Antonov An-2 model in the first page and, among other fine models, a Russian Tupolev Tu-144 SuperSonic airliner and the amazing Zeppelin STAAKEN E4-20 from the early 20s.

We´ll keep on looking for the 'Mriya'!

7. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

I believe i found it again, this i believe is what i saw. This one is described as a AN-22 though?

Attached Files:

8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bumpy Landing . . .

Quite a bumpy landing, eh? Watch the huge wings bounce down and up again and almost touch the runway . . .

I bet those wheels are there for a reason.

10. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

yea, i realize the difference between the two. Sorry for steering everyone wrong here!:cry: Sure would like to find some models of the bigger russian helicopters though
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Antonov An-22 'Antei' Heavy Transporter

Hi OhioMike,

Don´t be sorry - I hadn´t seen this impressive aircraft before - here´s a chance to learn something new!

I found some nice photos of this aircraft, too, at Aviation Photos: Antonov An-22 Antei

It´s nice to know that there is a card model of this one. The Mriya only exists in one built example but there must be several out there of this type. Thanks OhioMike.

All the best,
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Big Eagle . . .

Hi all,

Doesn´t the An-225 Mriya look like a big eagle on the ground, ready to attack?: [​IMG]

It´s a really impressive feat of aircraft engineering.

13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Find me enough reference images and I can get around to it eventually. Eventually is a pretty long time in this case, I've already got a decent sized list.
  14. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi guys!
    I think, there is NO model of the AN-225! I know only one guy, who has build a good "Mrija", but it was a scratch build!

Andrew Zabel PAPER MODELS

maybe Leo Cherkashyn can make a version for his BURAN!?

15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Scratchbuilt An-225 Mriya CArd Model

Thank you, D WHALE,

that is a most interesting link, to scratch-building modeler Andrew Zabel (in Kiev, Ukraine?).
    The story on how he built his massive mixed-media card model is intriguing, apparently built up from painted scrap paper and card. What an artist!
    It would be an interesting challenge to try to find some close-up photos with higher resolution of this model.
    I instantly recognized the name "Yuniy Technik" = "Young Technicians", by the way. I have previously downloaded several fine Russian models, among them for example a simple 'Buran' model, a Drakkar Viking ship and a French WW I Caudron G.III biplane, via a link somewhere from the Kartonmodell-Forum in Germany: Kartonmodell-Forum | Portal
    I think some members might recognize this Russian site - it has a VERY SLOW downloading server but many of the models are in very good quality.

It would be very interesting indeed to see what you could do! You have made so mny wonderful models - I personally liked the experimental Boeing SST jet airliner very much. Go for it when you have the time! Here are two 3-way plans, that I had saved about a year ago:

And, indeed, D WHALE,

If Leo would find it interesting to accompany his amazingly accurate and detailed 'Buran' model with an Antonov An-225 'Mriya' model, in the same scale, that would be truly wonderful.

The future looks bright for us aircraft modelers . . .
    Thanks for your dedicated replies, guys.

All the best,

16. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Russian 'Molniya'/Heracles Monster Transporter Triplane

THAT´S what I call BIG . . ! 'Heracles' is awfully close to the Hughes H-4 'Hercules' (or 'Spruce Goose') . . .

I found this English link on the Buran homepage - very interesting:

It looks as perhaps Antonov was/is going to build this project, too - the main wing looks very much like the one on the 'Mriya', with the same amount of engines.

Amazing bird,
    Bengt :eek:
  18. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Poor Leo, he gives us all his great models and we keep wanting more.
    But the AN-225 would be a incredible model, particularly with Buran.
    Thanks Leo, for all your great work :wave:
  19. gman95687

gman95687 Member

since were on the subject of russian aircraft

anybody seen an IL-86 Card model?????
  20. cygielski

cygielski Member