Do you ever get tired of modeling trains?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by sumpter250, Feb 5, 2003.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

There are occasions when I've had enough of insuring that all the measurements are correct, and that details are placed exactly where they should be, to be true to the prototype, or to prototype practices.
    It's at times like these that I do a project that is pure imagination. Where there is no "prototype", or "prototype practice". A project that no one can "count the rivets" on, because, no one has ever "seen the rivets", to count them!
    Here's a little diversion I took to cure the "rivet counting headaches". I grew this from various plastic kit parts, pill bottles, flash cubes, and "pantyhose eggs", the cockpit is made from a plastic shot glass.

Attached Files:

2. sumpter250

Here's two side shots.

Attached Files:

3. sumpter250

front end,

Attached Files:

4. sumpter250

And the last shot is the back end. Thought you might enjoy a momentary change of scene.

Attached Files:

5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

and whoa again!!!!!!! This is what you do for a break?!! From worrying about measurements???!!!! Looks to me like there must have been a whole lot of measuring and fitting and super-careful modeling going on to get this awesome creation! I love it - ever consider building for the Star Wars folks? You could you know.

:D Val
  6. sumpter250

No measuring! Everything is placed in a manner that pleases the eye. If it looked good there, it got glued there!
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Ya furrgot the Pizza Cutters.-------------- Oh it ain't N scale .:eek: :eek:

:D :D :D
  8. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

One word. Amazing.:cool:
  9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

If this is N scale, where did you get the females. I have never seen a person look so good in N scale. Oh,. and the pictures are great as well as the whatever.
  10. McFortner

McFortner Member

Looks good. You should post it over at Starship Modeler. I would love to see it and any other of your work there.

11. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Thats excellent!

A wonderful bit of scratchbuilding. I take a break
    from trains occasionally to do a bit of miniature painting,

this little guy is mounted on a penny

Attached Files:

• lb2.jpg
      File size:
      35.4 KB
  12. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

What are ya doin' Pete!?! EVERYBODY knows that this class of star fighter was armed with 70 mm laser cannon and NOT the 55's you have there...sheesh!!! :D :D

Wow!!!! That is amazing!!!! I'll bet you had a great time conceptualizing the model and assembling parts that would work. What a creative and fun job of imagineering!

13. Vic

Vic Active Member

Pete....that has got to be "World Class":) "Tack" a scale onto it and enter it in an IAPM event.....its sure to take first place!!!!:)
  14. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Pete, that is AWESOME! Great work my friend. :cool: :cool: :cool:
  15. farmer ron

farmer ron Member

can only say one thing " execllant workmanship" !!!!!!!!!!
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That is sooo Cool!!!! :) :) Great Work!!
  17. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Imagination.... I aint got none.. Great job !!!!!!!
    My Grandson wants one for his " War Hammer"
    layout Taking orders?????
  18. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

So Pete...
    You take a break from doing incredible modeling incredible modeling!!??
    That really is quite amazing! What an imagination you have!
    I take it you're a sci-fi buff as well?
  19. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Good lord!...I mean to say...good lord!:eek:

You're a MR "Renaissance" man.

20. Pete, that's the most futuristic lokie I have ever seen. But where are the rails? :D :D :D

That's some outstanding modeling, my friend!!! :)