Do you ever get tired of modeling trains?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
There are occasions when I've had enough of insuring that all the measurements are correct, and that details are placed exactly where they should be, to be true to the prototype, or to prototype practices.
It's at times like these that I do a project that is pure imagination. Where there is no "prototype", or "prototype practice". A project that no one can "count the rivets" on, because, no one has ever "seen the rivets", to count them!
Here's a little diversion I took to cure the "rivet counting headaches". I grew this from various plastic kit parts, pill bottles, flash cubes, and "pantyhose eggs", the cockpit is made from a plastic shot glass.

Attachments

• starship1.jpg
    starship1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 207

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
And the last shot is the back end. Thought you might enjoy a momentary change of scene.
Pete

Attachments

• starship5.jpg
    starship5.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 196

spitfire

Whoa!!!!

and whoa again!!!!!!! This is what you do for a break?!! From worrying about measurements???!!!! Looks to me like there must have been a whole lot of measuring and fitting and super-careful modeling going on to get this awesome creation! I love it - ever consider building for the Star Wars folks? You could you know.

cheers
:D Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Val,
No measuring! Everything is placed in a manner that pleases the eye. If it looked good there, it got glued there!
Pete

C

Catt

Ya furrgot the Pizza Cutters.-------------- Oh it ain't N scale .:eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

Clerk

If this is N scale, where did you get the females. I have never seen a person look so good in N scale. Oh,. and the pictures are great as well as the whatever.

grumbeast

Thats excellent!

A wonderful bit of scratchbuilding. I take a break
from trains occasionally to do a bit of miniature painting,

this little guy is mounted on a penny

Attachments

• lb2.jpg
    lb2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 169

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
What are ya doin' Pete!?! EVERYBODY knows that this class of star fighter was armed with 70 mm laser cannon and NOT the 55's you have there...sheesh!!! :D :D

Wow!!!! That is amazing!!!! I'll bet you had a great time conceptualizing the model and assembling parts that would work. What a creative and fun job of imagineering!

Ralph

Vic

Pete....that has got to be "World Class":) "Tack" a scale onto it and enter it in an IAPM event.....its sure to take first place!!!!:)

Drew1125

So Pete...
You take a break from doing incredible modeling to....do incredible modeling!!??
That really is quite amazing! What an imagination you have!
I take it you're a sci-fi buff as well?