Do you display your unused trains?

i was wondering what everyone did with all thier trains that they are not currently using on a layout? do you have them in boxes stored away? on the wall in display cases?

just curious as to what everyone else is doing. if you have them on display, any pics would be cool.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Most of my On3 stuff is on or near my layout. Most of my HO rolling stock is boxed while most of my HO steam locomotives hang out in our china cabinet so that I can see them regularly.

Aug 28, 2005
Northwest Indiana
Thanks & also Great news to share !

I started in the HO model RR hobby some 47 years ago. I'm 67 now, retired and really enjoy the hobby. Totally supported by my wife of 47 years it's an endeavor that has added many satisfying hours to my life. Also the great news I mentioned are the results of a PSA blood test after 42 radiation treatments for prostate cancer. The count before treatment was 17 points and is now down to 0.4, so it looks as though they got it all for now ! I'll surley be able to concentrate more on the hobby now ! I got a new camera so hopefully will post more pix. Thanks for the kind words. Joe

Attachments

• entire layout .jpg
    entire layout .jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 22
L

lester perry

Most of my locomotives and all rolling stock are on my layout. the locos that are not DCC yet are on a shelf under the layout. Approximately 100 coal cars are at mines and 30 or so in various yards. Close to 30 freight, flat or tank cars are at various business's around the layout. That leaves more than 100 in trains on main line or in one of 3 yards or short line RR which includes a small 4th yard.
Les

chooch.42

Jan 23, 2007
Gibsonia, Pa.
S-T, guess it should be "Welcome Back" ! and congrats on your triumph and recovered health ! You've an impressive display there, and a most interesting "Old School" layout, from what you've shown. May we have some more, please ?,( PICs, that is !) Pleased you're here. Bob C.

Aug 28, 2005
Northwest Indiana
Thanks ! Old school it is !

Bob C. Thanks for the kind words ! I agree on the " old school " style of layout, after all, I am old school too ! I just can't bring myself to re-do the layout ! I've got to have 300 miles of wiring, dozens of relays, 25 or so tortises, signal circuitry and the like below. I just keep trying to add details, scenery, and generally improve what is there ! I just got a new camera for the wife so I'm going to get some newer pictures of the layout ! I so enjoy working on it and the rolling stock I've acquired through all these years. I think I bought my first HO about 47 years ago. More pix to come ! Joe

:wave: This is an old Renwal two-way coaling loader/unloader of which I've acquired several more of !

Attachments

• renwal unloader 1.jpg
    renwal unloader 1.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 11