Do RC Magazines Help Beginners?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by nekmiyevo2, Apr 17, 2005.

?

Do RC Magazines Help Beginners?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nekmiyevo2

nekmiyevo2 Guest

I was thinking of buying them...
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Well, are you going to read them? Do you like the content thats in it? Can you relate the content from the mag into real life situations for you? Do you know whats good for you and not from tips sections?

You have to make some desions yourself. We cant help all your problems. Just go out, buy a few different issues, read them (dont skim) and decide if you think you would like to continue on with getting those.
  3. nekmiyevo2

nekmiyevo2 Guest

so that means a maybe, so yea, I am going to read them but I am only going to read about the Electric On Road, maybe if i get bored, I can read the others
    it is about 5~10 dollars, right?
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ok, im not trying to be rude, discoruage you or anything else, but do some reasearch. Go look around at stores, ask people around. You cant just ask other people. Cause if your going to only read electrics, then dont worry. Dont even bother. You wont learn anything. You have to understand all aspects of RC (not fully, but to some extent) to gain any knoledge and learn new things. And for a year its about $25 - $30... Its about $5 an issue individually.
  5. nekmiyevo2

nekmiyevo2 Guest

well. I brough 2 of them, one was RCcaraction, another one was 2005 buyer's guide
    and most of the topics in there are alll about nitro car or electric off road.

and I asked the people in LHS, and they said they don't have any electric on road
    ok, and I only found a few pages about electric on road like three or four out of 250 pages

so what now?
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I told you. You cant just read what applys to you. To get better, you must read EVERYTHING! It doesnt make sence now, but later you will be like" well, i remeber this one tip for nitro cars, mabey it will work for me"
  7. nekmiyevo2

nekmiyevo2 Guest

well, i guess. but it seems there are not too much info for electric on-road
    (It really don't make scenes to me)
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats because your new to the scene. To me it makes perfect sence, its not electric season. This is when the sun is out, and its not crumby outside, so everyone would rather run gas instead of electrics. Electrics are HUGE when fall / winter rolls around.
  9. nekmiyevo2

nekmiyevo2 Guest

wow, now I leaned something. Thanks