Do most DCC equpiiped locos..

Do dcc equipped locos have them on "analog" or "dcc" mode when they are bought?
I have a DCC equipped Atlas GP38 and I dont realyl want to open the thing up...I think I have to...

It says run it on DC to test if it works...Is it on DC right now? or must I open it up and switch to DC...

I got this model...
http://www.atlasrr.com/holoco/hogp38403.htm
Edit: this thing is very delicate lol... (to me anyway, its my first REAL loco, my others suck and are 5 years+ old...)
How do I take the body off?

figured it out, broke a few hand rails in the process....
ohwell its just where they connect, they still look the same...

UP SD40-2

Yes, "MOST" DCC equipped engines have a jumper or two that has to be pulled out, to make them DCC;). i am 99.9% sure your Atlas engine is one of them that has to have the jumpers removed. its really not a big deal:thumb:, just be careful taking the shell off and putting it back on. it should only take about ten mins. to do the whole job;). :D-Deano EDIT, oops, i was 1 min to late on my reply:eek:ops:.

brakie

The GP38 has a dual mode decoder..That means it will run on DC or DCC without changing anything because the decoder deciphers the DC or DCC signal....

oh cool....ohwell lol...
I broke a few handrails cuz I couldnt get them off...they wouldnt come uot of the holes....they soon broke off..

I got it figured out tho...

UP SD40-2

prodigy2k7 said:
oh cool....ohwell lol...
I broke a few handrails cuz I couldnt get them off...they wouldnt come uot of the holes....they soon broke off..I got it figured out tho...
prodigy2k7, glad you got it figured out:thumb:. NOW, the question is: did you have jumpers you had to remove, or did the engine run DCC without doing anything? i am curious as my dads Atlas GP38 DCC equipped engine had to have jumpers removed. THANKS!:D -Deano

Actually it has jumpers but... im not sure exactly about it...the book is in storage i dont wanna go get it but there are 6 total terminals... 2 of course to complete the a connection (in shape of the side of a 6 dotted dice side)
ooo
ooo <----like that LOL

The plastic piece has spikes that goes into 4 of the holes... Either the left 4 or the right 4...One is for analog the other is for DCC....im not sure if it will run on both DC and DCC, if so, not sure which side it will work on :p lol...
EDIT: I got the BNSF paint