Do HO Scale (1:87) or O scale (1:43) buildings look better with 1:64 diecast car

Discussion in 'Slot Cars General' started by harry l, Sep 14, 2007.

1. harry l

harry l New Member

dioramas? I have many 1:64 scale diecast cars such as hot wheels. johnny lightning, and matchbox cars and I'd like to create dioramas with people and buildings. I'm not sure which scale buildings would look best. Would anybody be able to post pictures of a hotwheels car besides a HO scale building and O scale building for comparison?

2. h_brida

h_brida New Member

Seriously, do you want the cars to look large or to look small?

If you don't mind the cars looking a little large, use the HO scale buildings. Historically, it's more common for older buildings, doorways, etc. to be a bit shorter, so it shouldn't look awfully off.

Do your own comparisons by printing out scaled pictures for backgrounds. A 6'-high doorway would be 11/16" in HO and just over 1 3/8" in O.

I believe a lot of the fun would be in working from scratch. The very first A&W Rootbeer stand was in Lodi, California and the current branch there displays photographs of the original building. A Sonic Drive-In packed with cars and roller-skating car-hops might also be a delight.