DNs USS Oregon?

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Sticky Fingers, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Laminated two sets of parts today and have them sitting under the Webster's. Glen I did notice thatt there was a slight mismatch on the kee plates and frame locations on the spine. The reason for the two sets is to see if it was a problem with two different printers or a scaling problem. Or is it built in? :?
  2. cardfan

cardfan Member

I don't recall any fit problems but I will see if I have any detail pictures in that area just to make sure. Are you going for the full build, or the "just before scrapping" look? If you are fitting out the deck watch for part number discrepencys. :?

3. cardfan

cardfan Member

While we are at it...

More of the deck equipment is coming together,

And a better view of the gun mounts.

Back to the fun...

4. barry

barry Active Member

superb build glen

5. Ajax

Ajax Member

^ Yes, indeed! Oregon is looking excellent, Glen!

6. Glen, I resolved the fit problem I had with the aborted attempt. It was the result of using two different printers. At first I thought it might be a failure to print a 100 percent. Something to keep in mind :wink: :wink:
  7. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

I am impressed with how clean your work is.
  8. cardfan

cardfan Member

I'm glad to hear you got the problems fixed. I have been using printouts from two different occasions (my first attempt also) but I have to be careful. One was done on best quality and the other on normal. Hard to see in pictures, I can spot it in an instant. :)

Thank you all for the compliments! That is what makes this group great!

9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Glen

The only problem with this model is we want to see more. (please)
    some great ideas here, and always look forward to seeing the very clean lines of this ship come together.

Keep at it.

10. cardfan

cardfan Member

Hi gang,

Working in bits and pieces, The Wife is on vacation...

Finished one of the 8 in guns.

and in focus

More when I can get away with it. :D

11. DN

DN Member

Very, very clean build Glen. Wow :shock:
    Just to remind you guys that the "Oregon" sweepstakes on my site have one unresolved category - the "gray" one.
  12. cardfan

cardfan Member

Great, now your on to my evil plan. :twisted: Thank you! I am enjoying your model very much.

13. Texman

Texman Guest

It's amazing how much modelling can get done by yourself...
    Of course, I start talking to myself about that time anyway...

Looking to be an excellent model. Keep us posted.

14. cardfan

cardfan Member

No, she is on vacation...at home. I am amazed I get anything done at all. :) I finished one of the main guns last evening and will post a pic or two in just a bit. I have a few more chores to finish first...

15. cardfan

cardfan Member

Hello Everyone!

While everyone is enjoying dessert here are the 13 inch main gun views.

Hope to have a couple more of the main armorment finished and then those vents... :oops:

16. cardfan

cardfan Member

Nice job Mark! She is coming along quite nicely. I really like the deck colors.

About the photo links,

I put my pics in my album and use this address to place the link, (click on Img)

The last three underscores are the number assigned to the picture in your album. (then click on Img* and close tags)

It took me quite some time to get a handle on placeing them myself.

17. cardfan

cardfan Member

And here are the fiddley bits, assorted vents and things on top of the main gun turret.

Maybe some more later.

18. Texman

Texman Guest

I am humbled. Now I know ya'll could teach some really
    good tips. I could, might be persuaded to try a ship. Will
    have to think about it. I try not to limit myself to just one
    thing (aircraft).

Keep'em going! Nice work all.

19. Like this?

Well that didn't work :? :? :? :?