DN USS Arizona 2004

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Not a ready kit yet, but I though I inform those interested in the USS Arizona that the new, updated version of the model will be available at the end of the year.
Some preview pictures from the construction of the test run attached.
The ship was completely re-designed, with new hull, new armament and improved superstructure.
The biggest difference with the "old" design is in the hull, as I included accurate bulges and incorporated somewhat experimental plating design. It came out quite nice - note on the pictures that the lower edge of the black waterline band is composed of segments printed on each individual plating segment. Came out quite straight, I think.

Ron

Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Hi Roman

I took the liberty of downloading the pics, resizing them and then uploading them to the server. For some reason, linking wasn't working.
The Arizona look s spectacular so far by the way :)

All the best

Ron

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Roman, I have admired this kit for a quite a while and was actually about to order it. Something very attractive about her profile and lines, and the degree of detail in your older version was just extraordinary, so I can hardly wait until this new version is available!

I agree with Barry; this might just be the kit to push me into the full hull version, it's so incredibly detailed. That black band IS incredibly straight, hard to believe it is a series of segments joined at the water line. Super design! :D

Okay, if Rob is first in line I hope I was able to sneak in for the number two spot! Sorry about the elbows, Barry. :lol:

Jim

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. You did have to tell me this just after I shelled out the cash to Lighthouse Modelart for the original version!!!!!

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
upgrade

Roman

You will have to do a Microsoft job if your design is laid out as usual why not offer the armament upgrade as an addon I'm sure a lot of people build waterline kits like me. Don't forget the hoarders of kits they will build one day.

Keep the designs coming

regards

barry

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Barry - actually, I'm in the process of buying out Microshoft and your next operating system will have all the up-grades for the kit bundled in 8)
Gil - thanks for the support but wait a bit. I'm not sure when this one will be ready.

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Just to prove that I'm doing something on the Arizona two progress shots of the model. I don't think I can finish her in 100% for the Herndon meeting, but I'll bring the model anyway. Anybody from the forum is planing to attend?

Ron

Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Roman,

I took the liberty of editing your post to include the above images
of the updated Arizona. What an amazing ship!

You can add attachments to any post just below the editing box where you write your posts. I've set the size limit for attachments to 45k. You also have
color profiles embedded into your images which might be the cause of the problem when trying to link to outside images.

All the best!

Ron

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
To be honest I counted on your help Ron :wink:
But my problems are still a mystery for me as one of THE images was less than 45K. The color profiles is something I have to look at, you’re right.