dmir rsd-15

alcors110

Jan 5, 2008
hello im a huge fan of the dmir. (i live only a few hours away) and am researching the rsd-15s they had.i know they had 6 and were rid of them by 1964. ive also heard they were used in two harbors for switching, however in my thirst for knowledge on these i would love to get any more info on them, like photos or crew impressions.for some reason the dmir rsd-15s just fascinate me. but i guess im a big alco fan as well.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Boy am I glad to see another DMIR fan, check out my HO DMIR layout (look at my signature) I live in the twin cities, hows about you? I also am a huge DMIR (post CN) fan. CRed is a fellow modeler here who own Missabe eqipment, lucky for him he is right up in Missabe Country. do you have any DMIR train equipment?

alcors110

Jan 5, 2008
thanks for the replys. i seen your layout kevin and i likey. and jealous too, i have no space for such a layout.i am a huge missabe fan im from thief river falls,mn. i have one dmir bli blue line rsd-15 (needs to go back for warranty work as the sound died)and i have a proto 2000 dmir sd-9. i need to pick up some those model power metal ore cars. and im also on the lookout for 40 foot gondolas so i can get to representing the wales branch to forest center.i am new to this forum and it seems great. regards,dan.