DL&W for Hudsonelectric

Thanks for the memories! I remember the last days of the E-L MUs back in 1970-71 while commuting from NJ to NYC to my bonehead job as an office clerk. :sleeping: Unfortunately, I never rode them out to Dover, NJ and back which would have made a nice day trip. I did look them over often while waiting to get my train home in the evenings. Too bad I never saw the Pennsy MP54s, though, or a GG1 close up. The railfanning that I did back then consisted of everyday observations...sort of like the idea of living in NYC and never going to see the Statue of Liberty. Hey, it'll always be there, right? Well, after I got out of the Navy in '75, it was pretty much over with in the Northeast...the NYC, PRR, Erie, DL&W, CNJ, LV, NYNH&H, etc....all gone. One thing that I'll never forget, though...the cab ride that my father arranged for me when I was 8 or 9 in an Erie RS3! :D Thanks again, Dad!

Russ

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
You are welcome, I came to Canada to late (1980)to see any Interurbans running:cry: But through a good friend who has a lot of patiance , he opened the door for me to modeling that which has gone.
So through old Photo`s and Museums, and Operating streetcars in Toronto I to fell for there magic.
We rely on a friend "Greg" who brings in overhead wire and frogs and such when he visit`s from Chicago.:wave:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Too bad I never saw the Pennsy MP54s, though, or a GG1 close up.
Russ,
I never got up close, but did see a lot of GG1s on the way into Jamaica, from the city, on the LIRR, while riding the MP54s(outside third rail). The electric commuter line ended in Babylon, and passed through Copiague where I grew up. Pretty much, all I first knew of railroads, was seeing the ping pong coaches coming and going between Babylon, and NYC.
We rely on a friend "Greg" who brings in overhead wire and frogs and such when he visit`s from Chicago.
Chris,
Your friend Greg wouldn't happen to be from Chicagoland Hobbies?, would he ?