DJs help pls...

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by SpArKeY_STi, Aug 29, 2004.

1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

I finally got my Tables. Its need for being just average little digital tables. But i need help. Theres only 25 songs, and it cost to buy more songs from the company. I need to find a program that can break down a mp3 or wav file of a song (IE Linkin Park - Faint) into useable DJ beats and vocals. Anyone know of a program like that? And even better, it would be awsome if it could convert the files into .trk. K thx.
  2. Nick S.

Nick S. Member

I think DJing is just plane dumb... but hey the my opinon... dont take it from me... Have fun bro!!!
  3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Why do you think its dumb? And if you say you like country, i say its plain dumb. EVERYBODY sings of their sarrows, and they are all the same cause they just broke up with some chick and they are pisted....
  4. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Member

Hey SpArKeY, I'm going to try and make it down to CG&H this Friday. If I do I have a program that might be just what you need.

I'll let you know If I will make it down there or not.
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

ok, cool. Ya im gona try and be there too. Thanks.

Short sweet and to the point...
  6. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

First nick, as much as you want to be part of this forum you are negative 90% of the time.

Secondly, why would you say dj'ing is dumb, or better yet lets hear your experince in mixing and then we can gauge that against my 10+ years of djing along with producing and see how much you really know.

Ohh I bet its the money, or wait i bet its the fact that it sucks having 4k+ people cheering for you when you open a set, or no wait better yet how about having a love from music that extends and comes only about as close as....ahh nm go bark up someone else's tree when you have a leg to stand on.
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Lol... think i can get some tips so some of those 4k people cheer for me too? Im kinda getting better at it, but with the set up its kinda hard to do certan things. The one thing that urks me most is i cant scratch voices... It will take like a 2 sec bit of that "beat" im mixing, and scratch that. O well, i guess you get what you pay for. And ill be paying for some real tables this christmas!
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Bumpdate - yey

Just thought id do a little update thinggy here. Finally got some real tables, and now know what i was saying here was plane idotic. Sorry bout that...

My NEW set up is this.

Numark TT-1625's
    Numark DM950
    Acid Pro 4.0
    FL Studio PE 5

Yeh, its much better knowing what im doing now. And its all about the buildup breakdown mix trixx
  9. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Well let me give you an idea on my setup here at the house:

Dj Setup:
    2 x 1200 mk3d
    Sony MDR-v700 Heaphones
    Shure Whitelabels - For Drum and Bass
    Ortofon Nightclubs - For House/Progressive
    Allen and Heath xone:02 - For Drum and Bass
    Stanton rm100 - For Mixing House/Progressive/
    Djm 500 - Broke :(

Produce Setup:
    Maudio Powered Monitors
    Echo Audio Mia
    More VST's and Au Than I could name
    Logic Audio 5 for Pc
    Logic Audio 6 For Osx
    Evolution mk249c Midi controller
    Evolution uc16 Midi Controller
    Roland jp8080
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Wow... thats hardcore.

You seem to REALLY know what your doing as you have specific NEEDLES for mixing and such... could you recomend a mixer to me? I need something for good mixing of mostly Trance / house, and scraching abilities. I like my mixer now, but its just not what im looking for. Im not a fan of of outputs. Nor the crosfader.

So this is kind of what im looking for, but with so many choices im not sure what to get...

Good Mixing skills (Sample ability, high/mid/low drops ect)
    Scratching (Quick fader, Hampster switch?)
    Better outputs (To amp, Record, Booth)

With a limit of around $150. Is that possible or should i just stick it out till i can get something bigger and better?
  11. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

let me look around see whats out, you can pretty much cut out sampling at that number which to be honest unless you get into the higher end mixers sampling is horrible anyways..
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

have you ever heard of pryamid? I can get one with 8 band EQ, 6 sample sounds, 3 channel and stuff, but im not sure of the quality. Its a wholesale site for $130...
  13. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

For all that is evil stay away from anything with pyramid or pyle on it, absolute crap that is not even worth the metal thats used to create it...

Gimme till tomorrow, ill find some good stuff for you...

Numark,stanton,pioneer,vestax,a&h,denon and gemini which is borderline but has gotten better over the years...
  14. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

lol... gemini tables is what i almost got. My main worries right now are slip mapts (Numarks are grand for mixing, bad for scratching) and mixer. Im supposed to be getting a amp for my speakers next week hopefully.
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

My new max is going to be $200... that means when theres one found that is suitable for me, it should take me only about 5 weeks to save up for... Unless i find other ways to make money...
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

ive perty much narrowed it down to these... Tell me which ones best, or a better one for around the price range...

Stanton SMX401
    Vestax PCV-175
    Vextax PCV-150
    Behringer DJX700
    Numark DMX06
    Numark PPD01
    Numark DXM 09

I just kinda need good techno/house/trance mixing (eq kills and such) and a SLICK crossfader for scratching.
  17. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Well ok first throw out behringer no good, poor quality and even worse sound...

Now here is the problem, getting a mixer with a quick fader pretty much cuts out your mixing of house/techno/trance as you run into to sharp of a fader curve when switching between the records.

Basically its what a fader curve adjustment does, its used to adjust how far over you need to slide the crossfader in one direction to reach 100% peak.

However once you practice and gain some more skill you will learn that the crossfader is useless and start using the volume faders for mixing tracks in and out as it becomes smoother.

The best and most widley used high end club mixers are rotary mixers, they have no crossfader its all dials for everything. Ive played on one once and let me tell you its smoooooth and awesome but insane and takes some getting used too.

SOOO, if you must have one of the ones below here is what I suggest...

Go with the Vestax 175, for several reasons.....

Audio quality is good on vestax, its a pcv fader is one of the best you can get and will last a long time(2 million plus passes) provides good contact and will not wear if you do practice scratching on it.

The 150 is a nice rack mixer, but if you do plan on any scratching or tricks you dont want one with a layout like that as it will be impossible to scratch properly like that and if you do learn that way it will distort your techniques in a real world environment.

Second to the vestax I would say the stanton is a good mixer, alot of people will not agree with me but I have had several stanton mixers and they have held up really well...
  18. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Ok, so what if it was just for mixing, no scratching? Does that change what i should get? Cause i have to limit my proce at $250. It will take me 5-6 weeks to earn that much, and i still dont really have a amp to really hear what im playing. So what im going to do is use my DM950 for scratching, and just buy some fader lube to loosen it up a bit. Then buy a GOOD techno/trance/house mixer, and for my birthday get a decent scratch mixer. That way i dont accedently ruin my good mixer, trying to scratch.

and i dont have to have one of those... it just has to be $250 or less.
  19. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

If you go with the vestax mixer you will be good on both, its setup for house mixing however has that nice pcv fader which will allow you to scratch just no contour control but you have to start some where...

Its a good mixer all around and your best bet for that price range...
  20. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Cool, thanks.