Dixie Line

jmarksbery

Yeah, it's me again, I was thinking I gave my RR a name after a river and a town. But I havn't modeled any river stuff. Sooooo, I scratch built this little tow-boat and barge. Now, keep in mind I know nothing of boats etc. so any comments from the pros are really welcome. I had a lot of fun designing and building this little unit and I think it captures the moment. Without further ado, here's the Dixie Line on the WC & T RR. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1 rear view.jpg
    1 rear view.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 175

satokuma

I like it!!!!!:D :D :D

I need a small tug just like that one for my harbor...you have given me inspiration and a challenge...:cool:

Railery

Looks great Jim. Nice job and pictures. Your barge is identical to the ones i've seen. i like your pusher, its different and it looks great. What a build :D

davidstrains

Both of your units look great, Jim. They could be right at home on any waterfront scene, especially a river. Looks like ones that I have seen on the Ohio and the Mississippi. Can't wait to see it "in the water".:)

Drew1125

That's a great little piece of work, as usual, Jim!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Hmmm...maybe we could work out some kinda interchange between your D-L barge lines, & my Poor Fork coal road...?
Wow! If I could get that coal to a riverport...man, it could really travel !! :cool: :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
VERY nice Jim!!! That's a terrific looking pusher with a lot of character. The crane is a neat feature and I like the close up pic of the pilot on the bridge. I've just built a similar barge but haven't started on a tow boat. Like Satokuma above I'm getting inspiration from you!
Well done!
Ralph

spitfire

Great little boat!

Really nice Jim! I always admire the amount of detail you manage to get into your N-scale creations. I can hear the seagulls now!

cheers
:D Val

jmarksbery

Added Lights

I realized this morning I didn't add lights for night running, so, I put some on the roof and on the rear between the stacks so the plastic people (non-union) can see to work. Thanks all for the fine comments.

Charlie, seeuns how you live just down the river from me I think maybe Dixie Line and the Poor Fork road could do business. Drop me an e-mail of your address if you wish and when I get the time I can build you one and ship it out. I still got my plans and my Bic is about to run out of fluid ;)

Update Pics below:

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 110

Clerk

This is almost like the pusher tugs on the Columbia above Portland Oregon and Vancouver Wash.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jim,
Looks good to me !!
I like the use of the lighter sparkwheel for the crane drum, and the tires along the sides for fenders. Neat!!
Once I get my tow boat done, I have to build a barge. You did a great job on that barge!
Pete