Dixie Line

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jmarksbery, Feb 2, 2003.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Yeah, it's me again, I was thinking I gave my RR a name after a river and a town. But I havn't modeled any river stuff. Sooooo, I scratch built this little tow-boat and barge. Now, keep in mind I know nothing of boats etc. so any comments from the pros are really welcome. I had a lot of fun designing and building this little unit and I think it captures the moment. Without further ado, here's the Dixie Line on the WC & T RR. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Attached Files:

3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Attached Files:

4. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Attached Files:

5. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Attached Files:

6. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

I know, I know

Captians Nook :p

Attached Files:

7. satokuma

satokuma Member

I like it!!!!!:D :D :D

I need a small tug just like that one for my harbor...you have given me inspiration and a challenge...:cool:
  8. Railery

Railery Member

Looks great Jim. Nice job and pictures. Your barge is identical to the ones i've seen. i like your pusher, its different and it looks great. What a build :D
  9. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Both of your units look great, Jim. They could be right at home on any waterfront scene, especially a river. Looks like ones that I have seen on the Ohio and the Mississippi. Can't wait to see it "in the water".:)
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's a great little piece of work, as usual, Jim!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Hmmm...maybe we could work out some kinda interchange between your D-L barge lines, & my Poor Fork coal road...?
    Wow! If I could get that coal to a riverport...man, it could really travel !! :cool: :)
  11. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

VERY nice Jim!!! That's a terrific looking pusher with a lot of character. The crane is a neat feature and I like the close up pic of the pilot on the bridge. I've just built a similar barge but haven't started on a tow boat. Like Satokuma above I'm getting inspiration from you!
    Well done!
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Great little boat!

Really nice Jim! I always admire the amount of detail you manage to get into your N-scale creations. I can hear the seagulls now!

:D Val
  13. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Man you gotta get a layout going so you got someplace to put all this neat stuff you keep creating Jim! :cool:
  14. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Added Lights

I realized this morning I didn't add lights for night running, so, I put some on the roof and on the rear between the stacks so the plastic people (non-union) can see to work. Thanks all for the fine comments.

Charlie, seeuns how you live just down the river from me I think maybe Dixie Line and the Poor Fork road could do business. Drop me an e-mail of your address if you wish and when I get the time I can build you one and ship it out. I still got my plans and my Bic is about to run out of fluid ;)

Update Pics below:

Attached Files:

• side.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
  15. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

last; the end; th-tha-that's all folks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• rear.jpg
      File size:
      50.9 KB
  16. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Jim, Great models and I love that shot thru the window!

17. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

This is almost like the pusher tugs on the Columbia above Portland Oregon and Vancouver Wash.
  18. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Oops! I meant...
    Didn't mean to "tug" on the pun rope
    ;) :D

ewww... Even I thought that one was a groaner.
    :p :D :rolleyes:
  19. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Jim, I don't know much about boats either, but I LOVE IT!!! Fantastic!:D :D :D
  20. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Looks good to me !!
    I like the use of the lighter sparkwheel for the crane drum, and the tires along the sides for fenders. Neat!!
    Once I get my tow boat done, I have to build a barge. You did a great job on that barge!