Dixie Line Update

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
The Dixie "Tow Boat" Line added another pusher to its fleet to handle the tanker bardges on the Wide Clyde River. The Patton, #12, designed by the little people is just a tad bit different from her sister tow the Swan #10. I thought you might like to see a picture of the 2 working in a night picture and the tankers, all of which are scratch built. Jim ;) :D

Attachments

• nite river.jpg
    nite river.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 232
C

Catt

Yeah Jim,how about posting some plans for these beauties?I have this big ol river on the GVR that could use a few tugs and barges on it.

Besides I can always use another project or 3. :eek: :eek:

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Plans

OK, here are the plans I used after I made them up on the computer. The black gives the length and width of each, the plan should print full size for N scale. Add your own fixtures and walla, a pusher and barge. Also, I used the lid off of the Priser people to make a couple of the barges, you can cover with wood as I did or use styrene. Have fun and post your versions. Jim:rolleyes:

Attachments

• plan 2.jpg
    plan 2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 175

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Thanks

Bill, good to hear from you, the rope is just plain tan thread and the bumpers are small rubber 0 rings I had on hand, I give everything a second look since I started doing N Scale. You can't buy everything you need. I am still trying to come up with some N scale pigeons for the buildings, but just can't, any help? Thanks again Bill ;) :D :D