Dixie Line Update

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jmarksbery, Feb 16, 2003.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

The Dixie "Tow Boat" Line added another pusher to its fleet to handle the tanker bardges on the Wide Clyde River. The Patton, #12, designed by the little people is just a tad bit different from her sister tow the Swan #10. I thought you might like to see a picture of the 2 working in a night picture and the tankers, all of which are scratch built. Jim ;) :D

Attached Files:

2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

The tankers

Attached Files:

3. satokuma

satokuma Member

very nice..............when will you post plans for this fleet?:cool: :cool: :cool:
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Yeah Jim,how about posting some plans for these beauties?I have this big ol river on the GVR that could use a few tugs and barges on it.

Besides I can always use another project or 3. :eek: :eek:
  5. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

How completely excellent. I'd love to see a how-to.
  6. philip

philip Guest

Jim: Thats a great model!

philip ;)
  7. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

OK, here are the plans I used after I made them up on the computer. The black gives the length and width of each, the plan should print full size for N scale. Add your own fixtures and walla, a pusher and barge. Also, I used the lid off of the Priser people to make a couple of the barges, you can cover with wood as I did or use styrene. Have fun and post your versions. Jim:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Need first plan first :eek:

Attached Files:

9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Did anybody get these plans???:confused:
  10. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

jmark, excellent modeling. What did you use for your hawsers (rope for land lubbers) and tire bumpers? They look great and scale perfectly.
  11. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Bill, good to hear from you, the rope is just plain tan thread and the bumpers are small rubber 0 rings I had on hand, I give everything a second look since I started doing N Scale. You can't buy everything you need. I am still trying to come up with some N scale pigeons for the buildings, but just can't, any help? Thanks again Bill ;) :D :D
  12. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Fantastic! I really like the company look of those tugs! Cool barges too! Nice little bit of computer magic with the water scenes.
  13. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Very cool indeed..especially with the digi enhancement. Computers bring a whole new dimension to modeling, can enhance but not replace scratchbuilding tho.