Ditch lights, Proper placement on CSX SD-35

I just picked up a set of ditch lights for my SD-35 I have and I am wonating to know the proper pkace to mount them on the front of the Locomotive.

I have been loking in issues of MR for ideas and it looks like most are mounted just below the walkway on the front.

Is there any sort of housing I need to get as a detail part for this project as well to make it look more prototypical. I plan to get the MU hoses and such for this IHC unit and possibly replace the handrails and get some other superdetailing parts for it as well as my first superdetailing project.

F

Fred_M

Chessie1973 said:
I just picked up a set of ditch lights for my SD-35 I have and I am wonating to know the proper pkace to mount them on the front of the Locomotive.

I have been loking in issues of MR for ideas and it looks like most are mounted just below the walkway on the front.

Is there any sort of housing I need to get as a detail part for this project as well to make it look more prototypical. I plan to get the MU hoses and such for this IHC unit and possibly replace the handrails and get some other superdetailing parts for it as well as my first superdetailing project.
Here's a link to an SD35 CSX loco http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=20093 . It shows the ditch lights being in the short hood. Fiberoptics would be the ticket here. FRED

I dont think those are actually ditch light to behonest. I searched for any pics of working SD-35's and every one that showed ditch lights had them on the walkway either in brackets mounted above or below the walkway.

I am not exactly sure what those are behid nd the crew on that loco but it is a common thing on the engines across all the railroads but I have never seen any picture of them producing any light.

Thanks Ray,

From goping over thos epics and some others I have found I have determined that CSX used bioth types of mounting , the obove walkway and the below walkway.

I will most likely get some detail associates walkway mounts for the light kit I bought and rig them in it.

On a side note I also found some excellent examples of the steath paint scheme from when it was still fresh and now know how to correct the paint on my IHC SD-35.

The scheme is basically gray down to the walkway and everything below that is blue, the handrail ends should all be yellow as well as the step edges.

Anyone know a paint that matches the CSX blue used by IHC on their models?