Displaying models

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paulhbell, Mar 9, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I would like to find out where members display there models. Mine are all over the house and it sometimes causes trouble.
  2. shrike

shrike Guest

When I remodeled a spare room into an office/den/library I added a glass fronted section into one wall of shelves specifically for displaying models. Only about 30cm deep, so my model choices are somewhat influenced by what will fit<G>
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Right now, mine are in the Den, since that's also where my work area is. But, I've been getting hints that they don't belong there....
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I give most of mine away.
  5. angevine

angevine Member

Although I ticked Living Room, my models are also in my bedroom and I make for other people. Shame you can't do a multi select Pole! or maybe i'm just a dunce and should have clicked other :cry:

Oh well!
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Yep, I would have checked " all" myself. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!

This is reason #1 why I started building tiny.
  7. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

I only own one at a time... I give it away when I build the next. That way my wife has no idea how many I build. The one I own right now looks like this:
    View attachment 8410

Attached Files:

8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sorry guys. I didn't know how to make it so posters could tick all.
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Other = All over the house, garage, yard, etc.....
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The select multiple is an option when you setup the poll. You cant go back and change it. thats all right though - still a great idea for a poll! Oh yeah, I try to hang the planes from the ceiling.
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

12. Texman

Texman Guest

I display mine in a small glass and oak cabinet in the living room. With the
    extra lighting, even my wife likes it!

13. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Mainly the living room, where any visitors can see them ;o) In a glass display cabinet (which the cleaner has strict instructions not to open - ever !!!!)
  14. papertrain

papertrain Member

I keep everything in the computer/craft room. I have shelves for research info and display. I have my work table right next to the computer. Makes it easier to work and keep tabs on what is happening in cyberspace.
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Basement, Den/Study, Kid's rooms (the expendable ones), Garage, Garbage, Friends/Gifts and my all time favourite, if I want the model to Vanish into the Nederworld, the "family room". An John I've tried the donation to the local library and got the wierdest " why did you drag that dead possumm in here look" so I stopped trying.
  16. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

Most are in cupboards. I'm thnking of turning the betaxa Prague Castle into a coffee table. What else do you do with a model 5 foot long?

I'm sure the sensible thing is to take a few photographs and then get rid of the model. I just find it hard to bring myself to do it. Models slowly deteriorating in the cupboard can be a sadsight.
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Currently, I have a very nice Ikea glass case that has alot of my vehicle models, and I have two 6 foot tall bookcases which the top two shelves, and the tops of the cases display all my diecast and paper car models

18. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

cmdrted, I have had the same problem when trying to donate models to the local kids hospital. All I got was "NO NO NO, FIRE HAZARD"
    My niece has taken some of her models to school, it got some kids interested in making some, but I didn't fancy have approx 10 kids shouting how do I do this and How do I do that. So I give the teachers some free downloads, I don't know how they have done.
  19. hpept

hpept Member

Cardoard boxes mainly. And a small shelf in my son's bedroom for smaller models.
  20. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I've been keeping a couple of my most recent builds on top of the entertainment center. After that they go into a box and wait for me to finish remodeling our computer room into a more friendly space with work tables (for model building and oh yea, I told my wife she can have some scrap booking space in there too) and display shelfs. Others, I give to my son, and he decides thier fate.