Display Stand for Huge Birds

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Falcon, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Falcon

Falcon Member

:D Hi to all, does any one know a good cool Display stand for rather huge models.? :roll:

2. Yah, just build it 1:1 and display it at the local airport :D :D :D :D :D
  3. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

...or if you have a garage, roll out the car, replace the garage door with glass, and put the big plane inside. A very large display case! :D

Or I suppose you could always go the ceiling hanging route? I do not know of any large display stands, so you'd probably have to design your own.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Member

:D well, actually I'm serious with this tread about a display-stand for bigger models. Many models come wihout display-stand. I'm thinking about a display-stand made of paper,(not the ones you have to cut a hole in the model) You may ask " why in the hell you build big scale models? My eyes are too young I guess.

5. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Well what scale are you talking? Do you mean a big 1:33 bomber or do you mean something taht is big because it's in a completely different scale. At first i thought you mean a big plane but now I think you were referring to scale. BTW I was serious about hanging but I guess you literallly want a display stand and not just a way to display. Are you thinking about something along the lines of the stands for PModel kits? Like i said before, I do not know of any display stands that you can buy or download (besides PModel) so you will probably have to design your own if you only want it to be paper.
  6. gkitman

gkitman New Member

Big Stand for Big Models

I have been using floor lamps. If you go to a WalMart they sell floor lamps for under $10. The base is usually circular and contains a large weight. The stand is a pipe, typically about 6 feet tall. Frequently these are made in two or three segments and you can easily use the whole thing or remove one or two pieces for shorter stands. I'm living in an apartment complex at the memoent and every week someone throws one of these out, so I have an excess supply of stands. They come in black, white, chrome, brass (gold chrome) and sometimes others colors.:twisted:
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Floor lamps are a good idea. Try checking out the second-hand stores. You might find some for less than the $10 Wal-Mart. Of course getting for free from dumpsters and curbsides is even cheaper. :yep: