Display case - Where to get one?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by AAR Jeff, Nov 6, 2004.

1. AAR Jeff

AAR Jeff New Member

I have a Lionel 6-18216 Conrail SD-60M Engine I received when I left Conrail in 1998. I would like display in an plastic case like the ones I see for smaller scale equipment. Can anyone help me out on this?

2. belg

belg Member

3. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Once upon a time I made a skinny fish tank for some fiddler crabs (they make great pets) anyways, its been a long time sice the crabs are gone and the tank sits idle, so I built a diorama to fit in the tank to display some of my engines. It has a nice lit canopy and keeps the models dust free.

Get an old fish tank............that's my idea for you.

TrainClown ;)

Attached Files:

4. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ha Jeff , Welcome to the Gauge. You may have a hard time finding a premade case that's the right size for just one loco, It would be easy to make one if you or a friend know a little woodworking skills.

What I was thinking though, is to display it on that O scale layout you're gonna build :thumb:
  5. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Or you could use TC's idea, but leave the fishtank gravel as track ballast, and leave the coral and the little underwater castle :D
  6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome to The Gauge Jeff. :wave: I myself have a display case that i can store most of my trains in it and still keep the dust off of them, but since earlier this year they have been in boxes due one of the glass doors breaking. But anyways, TC has a great idea there and it turned out great. Great Job TC :thumb: You could build your own or have someone build it for you if you are not that type of carpenter, ( i know i'm not ) or look around on the internet and see if someone is selling one. Good Luck :wave:
  7. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I have seen them on Ebay. I have baught 3 HO scale cases. I am very happy with them!