Disney's Space Mountain

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Amazyah, May 12, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Disney has just released the model of Space Mountain!

While you're there, if you don't have them already, Grab Sleeping Beauty's and Cinderellas' Castles as well as the Haunted Mansion. All excellent models.
    There are several more there as well, all top quality!
    Just follow the link for, "back to the lab", at the top right of this download page to get to a scrolling list of the other models.

I can hear the printers purring now!

2. imitra

imitra New Member

Cant find it

Has it been removed ?
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

It appears so. I don't know why but for some reason it has been removed and no explanations are given.
    The rest of the models are still available here.

The Space Mountain Model has been eagerly awaited by many and they may have had problems with server overload.
    That's just my guess, but I am sure it will be back eventually.
    The waiting game continues...

4. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Were you able to get the file ???
  5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Ok i e-mail Trader Sam the website host he said the site being move to a larger server just give them time and it will all be fix'ed
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I had downloaded the file as soon as it was released.
    I subscribe to Trader Sam's newsletter and I happened to be at my computer when the announcement e-mail arrived so I downloaded it immediately. 8)
    It was right after that, that I made the announcement here.

I am sure Disney has this server change well choreographed and the file should be available again within the next couple of days. :)

7. imitra

imitra New Member

Its there now. Thanks
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

What a let down

I for one was sorely disappointed in this model.
    After waiting for so long in anticipation of another outstanding Disney creation, my bubble was burst. :???:
    This model consists of a few rings of paper and an antenna sticking up.
    On top of that there is no color.
    What a let down.:(

I know it is free and I am not one to knock a free model but Disney being what they are, you expect to find a little quality thrown in.
    After the super models like the castles, I am just disappointed.

The wallpaper of the model looks very colorful and beautiful, it is nothing like the downloaded model.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

ummm Russel, Space Mountain is white, I have seen it, drove passed the Land of the Mouse, and saw it in Anaheim.

the wallpaper does look good, but that using multiple light sources to get that effect.

10. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Space Mountain

Hi Rick,

I've downloaded the model too, and I also was dissapointed. The space mountain I'm familiar with is the one at Disneyland Paris, and the colour scheme of that is georgeous. It;s a pity because the other models on the site are rendered Beautifully.

11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Photographic evidence.

Disneyland Anaheim

Disneyworld Orlando

EuroDisney Paris

Disneyland Tokyo

Nothing much a designer can do when the example is all white like the model

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I guess your right Rick.
    Part of the problem for me is that I had no idea what Space Mountain looked like as I have never seen it nor have I ever been to any of Disney's attractions.
    It was a big let down for me, almost like expecting a stereo system for your birthday and getting a transistor radio. I was anticipating something along the lines of the castles that they have available.
    It is evidently true to the ride and I suppose it is a nice model for someone who has been there.
    Thanks for the pics Rick!
  13. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Yes, Space Mountain is pretty simple once you break it down to its basic shapes. Beauty in simplicity.

I originally tried adding some subtle coloring to the model, but it didn't look or feel right. So, I remained true to the real thing. Think of it as a blank canvas for you to play with nice lighting effects.
    Even the real thing looks far better at night!