Disney Pixar's CARS

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
Banks of The Ohio, KY Flavor
kickme.to
Alcides said:
Just in case if you need help I CAN BE A BETA BUILDER !!!
I said it first !!! I said if first
Alcides

Thanks for the offer Alcides, but I no longer utilize beta builders.
You 'will' be glad to know Guido is fully patterned already (33 parts - that's pretty low for me! See, I told you all: Simple:-D ) and Mack is 1/3 complete in 3D. After Mack's patterned I'll know the heights of all the cars and will scale Guido up to the appropriate size.

Attachments

• guiodopatt.jpg
    guiodopatt.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 998

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
Alcides said:
Just in case if you need help I CAN BE A BETA BUILDER !!!
I said it first !!! I said if first
Alcides

Thanks for the offer Alcides, but I no longer utilize beta builders.
You 'will' be glad to know Guido is fully patterned already (33 parts - that's pretty low for me! See, I told you all: Simple:-D ) and Mack is 1/3 complete in 3D. After Mack's patterned I'll know the heights of all the cars and will scale Guido up to the appropriate size.

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Guido finished and so much progress on Mack already! It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talent that so many people on this site have. It would take me a year or more to get as far along as you have on Mack.
They look excelent, keep up the good work!

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Guido finished and so much progress on Mack already! It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talent that so many people on this site have. It would take me a year or more to get as far along as you have on Mack.
They look excelent, keep up the good work!

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
Since I'm working the next three days (that means about 4-5hrs sleep in between) I thought I should make some serious progress on this little project of mine.

Here's Mack textured and brought into Pepakura. Now that that's done I can tell you the height of each of the 14 cars (If you want them smaller scale the PDF's down when they're released. I think these are "nice" sizes!)
Chick Hick: 10.1cm
Doc Hudson: 10.5cm
Fillmore: 14cm
Flo: 10cm
Guido: 11.5cm
Lightning McQueen: 9.8cm
Luigi: 10cm
Mack: 15.3cm
Mater: 14.2cm
Ramone: 9cm
Sally: 9.5cm
Sarge: 12.8cm
Sheriff: 10.2cm
The King: 13.2cm

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Attachments

• mackpkura.jpg
    mackpkura.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 766

TheWebdude

Just a Member
May 18, 2004
kickme.to
Since I'm working the next three days (that means about 4-5hrs sleep in between) I thought I should make some serious progress on this little project of mine.

Here's Mack textured and brought into Pepakura. Now that that's done I can tell you the height of each of the 14 cars (If you want them smaller scale the PDF's down when they're released. I think these are "nice" sizes!)
Chick Hick: 10.1cm
Doc Hudson: 10.5cm
Fillmore: 14cm
Flo: 10cm
Guido: 11.5cm
Lightning McQueen: 9.8cm
Luigi: 10cm
Mack: 15.3cm
Mater: 14.2cm
Ramone: 9cm
Sally: 9.5cm
Sarge: 12.8cm
Sheriff: 10.2cm
The King: 13.2cm

Have a great weekend everyone!!

bugman72

Mar 31, 2005
Scale them DOWN, what do you mean? I don't build things SMALL!! Of course, I haven't technically FINISHED my 2' tall AT-AT.

The height of the cars should be pretty close to 1:24 or so, right? Now, the big question...are you going to do a detailed version of Mack's trailer so Lightning feels more at "home"?!

BTW, you're killing me here. I'm racking my brains trying to figure out the best way to display all of the characters once they are done. These are going to be BEAUTIFUL!!

bugman72

Mar 31, 2005
Scale them DOWN, what do you mean? I don't build things SMALL!! Of course, I haven't technically FINISHED my 2' tall AT-AT.

The height of the cars should be pretty close to 1:24 or so, right? Now, the big question...are you going to do a detailed version of Mack's trailer so Lightning feels more at "home"?!

BTW, you're killing me here. I'm racking my brains trying to figure out the best way to display all of the characters once they are done. These are going to be BEAUTIFUL!!

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
They look great !!! i didn't get to see movie but for i have to build is the tow truck when you put that one out reading the thread is was said there was 14 of them ?? i still have 6 more whacky racers to get too i 'll need more ink !!

project now

Airwolf tail 75%
New Orlean Mansion 50%
Wicked Wrench 45%

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
They look great !!! i didn't get to see movie but for i have to build is the tow truck when you put that one out reading the thread is was said there was 14 of them ?? i still have 6 more whacky racers to get too i 'll need more ink !!

project now

Airwolf tail 75%
New Orlean Mansion 50%
Wicked Wrench 45%