Discrimination at Superbowl, or Money Makes You Above The LAW?

TR-Flyer

Hi All:

Well, have spent my lunch hour following this thread. At first i just wanted to see what hilarity would ensue on this board re: Janet & Justin. Then, i got concerned about the ugly generalizations and wanted to see how "the staff" handled it all. Then, had to read Mikey's statement, if for not other reason than it might be the longest non-picture containing post i've ever seen here on the gauge. Obviously Mikey does aerobics, good lungs there Mike!

In the end, just wanted to thank all you folks who give their time to this board so we thousands can come here and talk about trains, and breasts, and international relations, and patriotism and on and on and on. I appreciate your efforts!

Oh, BTW, I think it looked more like a N&W Class "J".

WHooYA!

Ted

Pooh Bah
Is it possible that the guy was jumped on because he was not authorized to be on the field while the other pair had passes?
After all, he might have had a weapon concealed in his, uh, well, maybe not?

TrainClown

The Clown's Thoughts

I have opinions too.

Some are public, some are private.

My public opinions I share right away, with anyone who will listen. Maybe I can help someone with my point of view.

My private opinions I keep to myself, and only share with trusted friends. If they ask first.

My political views are something I don't even share with my wife.

Some people don't know the difference and they just let there opinions spill out like an upset bag of groceries. And then they get mad when someone steps on there eggs and the fight is on.

A person should only drop things on the floor that they don't mind getting stepped on.

If somebody said something to provoke me and I respond in a negative way, then I am allowing them to gain control of me.

If somebody said something to provoke me and I don't respond, or I respond in a positive way, then I am the one who remains in control, or even gains control of an otherwise combative situation.

I still get angry inside, but I can deal with that. It's better than hurt feelings or a black eye or saying something I could never take back.

My mother told me:
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything."
And I live by those words. (I try to, anyway :rolleyes: )

TrainClown :wave:

P.S. I would just like to thank the Mods one and all for there exceptional work they do here on the Gauge. You guys are
THE BEST!:thumb:
I grow here. I learn here. I share here. This is better than every issue of Model Railroad Mag all pilled up waiting to be read.

Just my favorite place on the WWW!

:thumb::thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Tileguy

As i also Moderate a large forum,i saw the potential tack this thread was taking.
In bringing up modeling i made a weak attempt to curtail what i saw as a potentially uninviting situation and thought perhaps a reminder of why we all come here might steer things back to a normal course.
I was wrong.
I was not out to step on anyones personal freedoms or criticize thier opinions.i only thought to remind everyone why they come to the gauge.

I read your post Mikey,all of it.and want to clap you on the back for another job well done.
Its a fine line moderators walk indeed,and for the most part a thankless job.I'm glad you let this play out if only for the fact that censoring is a last resort and a bad idea given any other alternative.

I apologize to those who mistook my meaning.I only wish for ya'll to have a good time while here,arguing is never constructive and nobody really wins.However, we all lose a little something.

jon-monon

I was wrong

I wouldn't say you were wrong. This particular forum, the General Forum, is somewhat undefined. It's labeled talk about anything, but it is quite obvious that doesn't mean anything anything. So what does anything mean? You have to ask Mikey, for it is he who is entrusted to moderate by the good folks who own and fund this site.

I'm sure Mikey will keep all the conversations in-line with the established spirit of kindness on the-gauge, as well as the rules. A dispute may not be offensive to the folks disputing the matter, in fact they are probably enjoying it, but it may read offensive to others, who do have a right to read every thread, and shouldn't feel obligated to skip over one because the poster feels other's don't have to read it if they don't want to. What I guess I'm saying is, if it looks like a flame war, it is a flame war.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.

Very wise, your mother, and you to follow her steps. You have a good philosophy, dear TC.